Have you ever been banned from anything?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I was banned from the C+ forum.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Been banned from the Daily Mail site (for leaving pro cyclist comments and trouncing the muppets on there) :thumbsup:

Does that count..?

Once got kicked out the tuck shop in Chessington as a lad. I said one of the products they sold in there tasted like carpet underlay and the woman (who in hindsight now I'm grown up was prolly only 20ish) said "get out and dont come back!" :biggrin:

pedallingpasty

[QUOTE 1262260"]
I've recently been banned from the Royal College of Nursing internet forum, following my open criticism of how the organisation conducts itself. Maybe the reference to North Korea was going a bit far :blush:

I have also been banned from The Mitre public house in Buckingham, for fighting, although that was 1986. The Shiner nightclub in Osnabruck, for figthing as well (1985), The Navy and Army in Aldershot, you really don't need to ask what for do you?. The Point, in Milton Keynes, not for fighting that time, but for using the wrong toilet (I'd had a few and the signs looked surprisingly similar), I was also temporarily banned (and deported) from Spain and the Canary Islands, but they couldn't actually prove it, so I am now allowed back :whistle:

Anyone else been banned from anything or anywhere?
[/quote]

You should write an autobiography :biggrin: .

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm a goody goody ... I can't think of anything I've been banned from (yet!) and no I don't want to make CC the first.

Bird Brain

I was banned from one of my locals about 20+ odd years ago because the local nutter took offence when I was having a joke with the barman. :wacko:

A few forums in my time for various reasons but most of the time I was innocent.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
My only ban was from a pub during a Mumbles Run (it was then about 20 odd pubs working back to Swansea from Mumbles).

Did a "tubular" which sailed over our table and landed on the one in front earning me the nickname Pete Puke.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Speaking at meetings for two weeks in a job I had 20 yrs ago. The boss got tired of my 'witty' interjecions

Yes banned from a few pubs - fighting (terrible I know) Oak Tree in Church no longer there, Hope & Anchor Accy, Manchester Arms Stockport, so pub in Hove name eludes me.... the list goes on all I must add when I was younger and in the case of the H&A was defending a pregnant woman getting a kicking! Nice people...

Cafe - for eating our own cake LOL

I often bar myself from places that I don't agree with for all manner of things not always political, ethical etc

bobg

Über Member
Thrown out of the scouts and much more recently barred from my local for going in the exit at an unreasonable speed on my bike and causing the landlord, who was having a smoke at the time, to leap out of the way, fall over and hurt his knee.....

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Where do I start? :blush: :eek:

Banned from Lanchester Polytechnic (now Coventry University) discos for carrying out a dare while under the affluence of incohol.

Banned from the local shop when I lived in Gloucestershire. For the heinous crime of... returning a packet of crisps that was more than a year past its sell by date.

Banned from two different pubs.

Asked to leave Girl Guides, does that count?

dav1d

I was banned from a Proboards forum once that I'd been a member of for quite a while, can't remember what it was about now, but they banned almost every member and eventually deleted the forum. There were also some other forums, two owned by the same person where the owner allowed and encouraged abuse to people that dared to disagree with her, I did wonder why everyone agreed in the debates on those forums.

But my Mum and sister were banned from Wimpy's on Salford shopping precinct because they complained that the burger didn't have the five types of lettuce or how many it should have been, and that it basically did not have anything on it that was in the description, they'd even had the cheek to use some kind of Tesco Value sandwich filling. Instead of apologising for their shoddy way of running the store, they simply banned them!

Top Bottom