Have you ever been banned from anything?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
No, but I have banned myself from revisiting a forum for expats as it's got too many DM readers and they are too sad. I put a comment under a poll someone started saying it was 'ridiculous' this was pulled by the mods so I put another comment saying I had a comment removed and they removed that too! My communications with the mods made me realise what a bunch of bozos were in charge.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I got banned from my own home

U

User169

I was banned from the Bricklayer's arms in Hoxton a few times because the landlord was an miserable git, but the beer was pretty good.

I once went it there and the entire floor had been turfed.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Others are coming back to me now...
I got kicked out of Art lessons (and had to do metalwork) for karate-chopping a polystyrene model of a skyscraper in half. Seemed like a fun thing to do at the time, though not exactly difficult :-)

Also, the cubs politely suggested to my parents that after 2 years, my engagement with the cub-scout ethos should perhaps go beyond simply playing for the football team, and perhaps trying to get some of those badge things. I left soon after :-)

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I was also thrown out of the Boys Brigade. I'd only joined for the uniform and the conversation went like this:

BB Supervisor: Ok boys, when you can show that you've been to church for 6 consecutive weeks, you get a free uniform
Me: I've been to church every single Sunday since I was about 3 months old.
BB: Oh we haven't seen you, which church do you go to?
Me: St Georges (Roman Catholic)
BB: Out you Fenian b*****d and never darken our doors again. (Well ok what he actually said was please leave now and don't come back :biggrin:)
I don't usually do this but....:excl:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Do tell. Apart from a genuine curiosity about your "deadly deed", I'm wondering about the means by which the Fugger is going to police the ban. Did they tattoo you on the spot?

I have (or had) a certificate saying so. Presumably they expect me to carry it around and show them in the unlikely event that I would ever want to go to Harrods.

It was all to do with the campaign to stop British stores selling mahogany stolen from the lands of tribal people in the Amazon. We would go into stores like Harrods en masse, and take any Brazilian mahogany items to the local police station to report them stolen. It seemed to annoy the stores a little...

BANNED !! YES AT 54 CLEAN RECORD FROM ENTERING A MOB SHOP OUTLET AFTER MY EX WIFES SON CALLED ME A CRIPPLE AS I HAVE SUFFERED A ACCIDENT AT WORK 4 OPS LATER TO MY LOWER SPINE SO I WALK AIDED BY A CRUTCH PS BELIEVE IT OR NOT I AM NOW CHARGED WITH A PUBLIC ORDER OFFENCE AWAITIN TRIAL IM OF CLEAN CHARACTER HE HAS 43 OFFENCES ON HIS CRB 3 FOR THREATNING WITH INTENT ?? BRITISH JUSTICE HEY THINK ITS A JOKE ALONG WITH THE SO CALLED POLICE OFFICER WHO ARRESTED ME , NEIL
I have (or had) a certificate saying so. Presumably they expect me to carry it around and show them in the unlikely event that I would ever want to go to Harrods.

It was all to do with the campaign to stop British stores selling mahogany stolen from the lands of tribal people in the Amazon. We would go into stores like Harrods en masse, and take any Brazilian mahogany items to the local police station to report them stolen. It seemed to annoy the stores a little...

Err, i was banned from my local chinese chippy in Bury aged 18 because I was chatting to my mate about something and very gently thumped my fist on the counter to illustrate a point. The owner threw me out, I think it was for hitting the counter, although I didn't do it very hard...

You don't have to shout in here, Neil.

One of my academic colleagues was banned from Nigeria because of his research, which was on the oil sector in nigeria and its impact on the local population.

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
Entire family was barred from life from the Macdonald Arms in Tobermory when I was 4. Don't know why.

Been banned from a few fora, including one cycling one, like a few others. If you haven't been banned from something on the internet then you're not trying hard enough.

Was barred from the Brewhouse in Bristol for making lewd and lascivious gestures at the barbloke with a 10lb salmon.

Kicked out of the Brownies after 3 weeks.

Sam

Top Bottom