Have you ever been banned from anything?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
I have (or had) a certificate saying so. Presumably they expect me to carry it around and show them in the unlikely event that I would ever want to go to Harrods.

It was all to do with the campaign to stop British stores selling mahogany stolen from the lands of tribal people in the Amazon. We would go into stores like Harrods en masse, and take any Brazilian mahogany items to the local police station to report them stolen. It seemed to annoy the stores a little...

Looking forward to your return to P&L in the new year FM (if you are...)
Brewing up a few challenging threads when we should have more time to get out of 1st gear....? :hello:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I was banned from using the staff kitchen when I was working as a contractor in an office building recently. Apparently, making myself a cup of instant coffee raised some serious H&S issues.

I'm well hard...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I was banned from using the staff kitchen when I was working as a contractor in an office building recently. Apparently, making myself a cup of instant coffee raised some serious H&S issues.

I'm well hard...
that's a story that has to be told over breakfast some time...........

Kicked out of tech. drawing O level after my father, who was a draughtsman, went in to see the teacher about the excessive amount of homework he was giving out and ended up telling said teacher a few home truths concerning most of what he was teaching being a load of cobblers anyway.

Banned from the Devonshire on Barrow Island after going in and loudly proclaiming that I saw a rat walking over the tray of pies that had been left outside the door. THey closed down not long after, Environmental Health was my friend.

Anyone been banned from a curry house (the cheap'n'cheerful type where you get chapatis thrown in for free)? Quite an achievement, I believe, they generally want to keep the business and are adept at coping with a bit of disorder.

Several of my student friends managed it, in Bradford. They'd been urged by a (Pakistani) fellow-student to ask for <some obscure word in Urdu>. Not having a clue, they duly asked for it several times, each time being told that "it wasn't on the menu today". Finally, they struck lucky. What it was turned out to be some sort of curried calves-feet concoction. They protested that it was totally inedible, refused to eat it, made one unholy fuss, refused to pay and were then thrown out. I wasn't involved since I wasn't there at the time :sad:. So I kept on going to the place (it was a good curry-house) and no-one complained. Whether the Pakistani student also got banned, I do not know...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I hasten to add that the fish was dead at the time.

Sam

I'd kind of got it in mind that at best the fish was very unwell...

yello

I very much doubt it. I tend not to do stuff that gets me banned. I'm more inclined to silently disappear.

U

User169

I hasten to add that the fish was dead at the time.

Sam

Hhhmmm...

Bennett and colleagues presented a poster at a Human Brain Mapping conference last year reporting results obtained with a dead salmon.

They put the salmon in an MRI scanner and "the salmon was shown a series of photographs depicting human individuals in social situations. The salmon was asked to determine what emotion the individual in the photo must have been experiencing."

They observed "activity" in a small region within the salmon's brain cavity during the photo condition compared to rest.

snorri

Legendary Member
It didn't happen to me, but I witnessed a customer being banned from a sit-in chip shop.
The village was very busy due to a three day sporting event in the area, and the evil chip shop owner realised he could boost his profits by cutting the fish in half, but he failed to adjust his clearly displayed price list.
A woman complained politely that she had ordered fish and chips, and not half a fish and chips, and was loudly told by the owner that the shop was busy and she was banned.
As a visitor to the area, I'm sure she was mortified.:biggrin:

C

chillyuk

I have been banned from entering the United States which is absolutely no hardship whatsoever.

Top Bottom