Have you ever been banned from anything?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got kicked out of Brownies.
ah.gif

you can't say that and not say why!

martint235

Dog on a bike
I got kicked out of Brownies.
ah.gif

you can't say that and not say why!

Plus video :rolleyes:

Shaun

Founder
I was banned from the local Rumbelows (many moons ago) for shouting at the Manager and effectively clearing the entire shop of customers. It's a long story, but the essence of the disagreement was a final bill for 20p on a £700 credit agreement. They got their 20p, but I got some satisfaction too. :thumbsup:

I got banned from the local library as a youth for hacking into their viewdata system and trying to book a Concorde flight for one of my mates for a laugh (I don't think they expected a member of the public to understand how it all worked!! ;) ).

I got banned from Scouts for drinking behind the school bins. I was celebrating getting my first real paid full-time job. Unfortunately my best mate was a faster drinker than me, didn't get caught, and got to stay in the Scouts.

I got banned from taking double bass lessons at school. I was caught leaning the bass onto it's side and standing on the inners to play it - Stray Cats style ... lol

I'm all grownd-up and seshible now though. Well ... ish. :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

BearPear

Veteran
I was once "invited to leave" a training course for asking too many questions & generally challenging the trainer.

My brother-in-law was barred from the Beehive pub in Bradford for using the corner pocket on the snooker table as a urinal.

Shaun

Founder
My brother-in-law was barred from the Beehive pub in Bradford for using the corner pocket on the snooker table as a urinal.

I've seen some things, but that's a new one on me ... and he'll have to be 6' 10" or have been really stood on his tip-toes to pull that off. :laugh:

Then, 6 pages later...

Why does no one care why I was kicked out of Brownies...?

I can't quote when using my phone to view the forum so never had the chance to ask

Brains

Legendary Member
I'm amazed at the number of you banned from the uniformed youth organisations!

I've been running a Explorer Scout section for the last 20 years and the number of kids we have banned you can fit on one hand.

- One 16 year old caught dealing dope to younger members behind the hut

- A pair of brothers for kicking stones down an Alp onto walkers 50m below (having been warned)

- A pissed 18 year old for doing a stage dive off a speaker tower into a crowded disco. His mates got out of the way so he hit the floor and spent the night in A&E with 20+ stitches in his head. He then swore at the Leaders, Medical staff and then had his parents blame us for permitting the accident.

- and a 17 year old for laying into a Leader.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm amazed at the number of you banned from the uniformed youth organisations!

I've been running a Explorer Scout section for the last 20 years and the number of kids we have banned you can fit on one hand.

- One 16 year old caught dealing dope to younger members behind the hut

- A pair of brothers for kicking stones down an Alp onto walkers 50m below (having been warned)

- A pissed 18 year old for doing a stage dive off a speaker tower into a crowded disco. His mates got out of the way so he hit the floor and spent the night in A&E with 20+ stitches in his head. He then swore at the Leaders, Medical staff and then had his parents blame us for permitting the accident.

- and a 17 year old for laying into a Leader.

Blimey, Brownies is so much more exciting that I ever thought! ;)

zacklaws

Guru
Just remembered the time, I got banned from a "disco" in Hull, no night clubs in my young wild days:-

Big group of us on a night out, one lad totally wrecked who decides to collect as many plastic plants from around the disco that he could find and just dump them under the table. Bouncers finally spot him, and start to throw him out, I was p****ing myself laughing at him, when all of a sudden the bouncers start looking and pointing at me. Then I twigged, I was that p****ed myself, I had not noticed he had filled my pockets of my jacket with all this plastic shrubbery and I was just stood there laughing looking like a bush. So I got thrown out and banned too, not a front door job either but out the tradesman's entrance at the back, so no fame for me.

Then there was the time we went to a village dance, when there was a lot of inter village punch ups in the mid 70's my way, walked in, paid my money, walked into the dance hall, the dance floor emptied quicker than shouting "fire" and it turned into a massive brawl as we all tore into each other, it was like a scene from the wild west and made the local papers. Unknown to me, as I was a bit confused at what had happened so quickly, all the people I was with was after revenge for one of our mates who had been beaten up, and the lads they were after, were known to frequent this village dance. Anyway we all got banned. But it did not end there, we ended up chasing them across farmers fields, hedges, ditches etc till we had had enough fighting and drove back to Beverley.

zacklaws

Guru
Not necessarily. Have you never heard of parabolic trajectories? :evil:

Or in my terms, a "looper", usually used out of bed room windows when your too drunk to walk to the toilet or over a garden wall when you have your best shoes on and don't want to splash them, once again when your drunk.

Top Bottom