Have you ever been refused entry with your cycle ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
McDonalds drive-thru on the A24/A272

Perhaps the people in charge in Denmark are more "cycle kick bike friendly" That is some form of transport are there many of them around in Denmark and other european countries?
We don't have to pay to go on train here. But It does pay to reserve a space for your bike if going on a longer journey as you can find that there are no spaces.

Alex H

Legendary Member
It won't be you n+1 then;)

http://www.kickbikeamerica.com/ "Welcome to the official and ORIGINAL home to the best scooter in America"

http://kickbike.com/kickbike-scooters/ That's the manufacturer's Helsinki Website :whistle:

:eek::eek::eek:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I got told, at a restaurant that I worked at, that I couldn't wheel my bike through (it was closed to the public, only open to staff so we could go to work) to the back room, by the duty manager that night. He said that I should have bought a car. I was about 17 at the time and my Dad had to come and fetch my bike and was not entertained by it at all. Of course I then needed picking up again at the end of my shift.

Roll forward 3 years and my parents took me there for my 20th birthday tea. I was refused entry as I was in a wheelchair and would 'constitute a fire hazard'. I said that I didn't smoke but they were not impressed. Now I have full use of my limbs again, I refuse to eat there. I also told, and still tell everyone I know. A small victory but never mind.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I tried to use a drive through once and wasn't allowed. What is the problem? Are motorbikes allowed? I no longer buy their poisonous produce.
couldn't 'drive' through 'not safe' and then wasn't allowed to take the bike in. no lock. was looking at going hungry. in end bloke inside came out took my cash, having ordered on the squawk box, and brought it out to me.

their porridge is ok and so it their coffee.

livpoksoc

Guru
I've been asked to leave 2 separate premises.

First time was tesco metro, only wanted a pint of milk coudn't be bothered to lock bike up. Security guard came and told me off as I was on my way out. I said I wouldn't bother in future, I'd go somewhere more friendly.

Second time was decathlon, had forgotton my lock so went in (it was very quiet, just after opening time on a weekday) security guard said I couldn't go in because of elf and safety, but they would lend me a lock pointing to customer service desk. Walked over, lady says, we just need a £20 deposit for the lock, I say I have no cash, she says we can take it off your card and refund it when you leave. I say "Bugger This" and went to Edinburgh bike co op instead.
I rang the maanager later, he said it was correct that I couldn't take my bike in because of elf and safety. I said "but if I was to come back at about 2pm on sunday, there will be hundreds of children flying round on bikes, scooters, slateboards, rollerboots in a packed store. How is that more safe than me carefully wheeling my bike round an empty store?" He hung up on me.

I went into the new decathlon in southampton with my spesh the other day, went straight to the bike section to buy some pedals, one guy stopped and asked if I was ok, no problems. Then the bike mech offered to fit the pedals before we took them to the till.

crazyjoe101

McDonalds drive-thru on the A24/A272

I know, It takes me ages to stop and start again if I'm commuting somewhere, It'd be so much better if I could just nip through the drive-thru. Some bull about health and safety; it's really to keep the car users happy and to stop people just taking a bike to skip a queue, kind of annoying if you're a cyclists who uses the roads though and isn't just 'cheating'.

livpoksoc

Guru
I got told, at a restaurant that I worked at, that I couldn't wheel my bike through (it was closed to the public, only open to staff so we could go to work) to the back room, by the duty manager that night. He said that I should have bought a car. I was about 17 at the time and my Dad had to come and fetch my bike and was not entertained by it at all. Of course I then needed picking up again at the end of my shift.

Roll forward 3 years and my parents took me there for my 20th birthday tea. I was refused entry as I was in a wheelchair and would 'constitute a fire hazard'. I said that I didn't smoke but they were not impressed. Now I have full use of my limbs again, I refuse to eat there. I also told, and still tell everyone I know. A small victory but never mind.
That's pretty dumb of the owner imo, in the second instance at least. I used to work at Iceland in my younger days & I rode to the store, I took my bike through the aisles loads of times and left it in the store room...until the micro-hitler from HR saw me do it when she was in charge on a sunday....I was ordered to take it back out, through the store and round the back due to political safety correctness or something. She got a bollocking for being so stupid to send me back out to the store...was a nice victory :smile:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I know, It takes me ages to stop and start again if I'm commuting somewhere, It'd be so much better if I could just nip through the drive-thru. Some bull about health and safety; it's really to keep the car users happy and to stop people just taking a bike to skip a queue, kind of annoying if you're a cyclists who uses the roads though and isn't just 'cheating'.
The KFC drive through in ?Deptford? (East of Greenwich anyway) has no such scruples in the noughties.

Top Bottom