Have you ever been refused entry with your cycle ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I almost got refused at a McDonald's Drive-thru. The guy serving me went to talk with his manager before he took my order and I thought he was going to tell me to go away. I was only buying a muffin too!
I havent tried the KFC Drive-thru yet though.

Sara_H

Guru
I highly recommend one. I just test rode one for fun to see what the fuss was about. Must have! I swear you could keep it as your only bike. Average speeds are good and its a joy to ride. Its an S2L. :thumbsup:
Do you reckon? I've often wondered about that before. I've got a decathlon folder, which serves its purpose, but I wouldn't want it to be my only bike.

Ben M

I've never been asked to leave, but I have wheeled my bike in to Goldsmiths in Cabot circus and leant it against the glass counter because I was, rightfully, not impressed with their customer service. They could, no doubt, tell by my demeanour that asking me to put the bike somewhere else would be a bad idea.

Then the watch which they handed me after having it for months for a simple, warranty, repair, had the bracelet on the wrong way around.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I was refused at MacDonalds in the States because" I was walking up to a drive-thru window". I explained that I rode up there as anyone rides in a car. They got their manager, who explained to me that riding a bike is the same as walking. I said I will bet it is not the same after 63 miles. He told me it was store policy, for my own safety. Sonic has good burgers, and they serve cyclists, as well as still have outdoor seating. I went there. I am glad MacDonalds is concerned for my safety, but even more glad that Sonic will serve me food.

RedRider

Pulling through
My bike's been refused entry to the bedroom whenever I've tried.
And the beadles of Burlington Arcade said 'no' to a wheel through.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpmC57ZXVGK2WXaHIvpoDYMbdALcboTMXl23XMVYR3cpToh_Jj.jpg

Other than that been pretty lucky.

chriss2.0

shame someone couldn't make a ground anchor :smile:

council complains you can just say the youre just making your own place to lock the bike, since he didn't provide one:tongue:

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Tried to wheel my B into the M&S Food Shop at Euston as I was gagging for a beer after office move day.

Security guard saw me and shouted OY about five times before I let him have my attention. Told me it was against the law to bring my bike in. What Law? I asked, at which point he mumbled about rules.

Honour satisfied after I part folded it under protest

deanE

On day 5 of my John O’Groats to Lands End ride this year, I was cycling through Glasgow but became ill with a sickness and diarrhea. In desperate need of a warm drink I took my bike into McDonalds. Nobody batted an eyelid and it was still there after I had visited the loo, more than once. I then left and promptly threw up on the pavement outside. Several young people came up to ask me whether I was OK. Once I had recovered a little I went back inside to tell one of the women serving there what had happened. She said don’t worry about it and came out with bucket of water to wash the pavement down. Thank you Glasgow.

Top Bottom