Have you had a hand written letter from a Jehovah's Witness ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We don't get too many visits, certainly since lock down. You can usually spot them a mile off, very smartly dressed walking up the road in groups. We either don't answer the door or send them screaming saying we are Roman Catholic, not interested :laugh: (I am but not practicing). :laugh:

I object deeply to anyone ramming their religion on anyone else - what you do is your business and not mine.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Personally hand written You are the chosen one :smooch:
Can’t believe how easily I was accosted last year. Pretty girl with a lovely bicycle sitting on a picnic bench Scarborough to Whitby railway path. Expertly done and how quickly the conversation turned from bicycles to doom.

Ha! It's amazing how often a seemingly pleasant approach can rapidly turn sour though isn't it. I thought you'd be more conditioned to it than that.

My wife and I were once befriended by a very pleasant and kindly middle aged lady. Once she got to know us a little, she invited us for afternoon tea at a nearby hotel... her treat, for a lovely young couple (apparently). The conversation eventually turned to our goals in life, where we saw ourselves in a few years... She turned out to be an Amway saleswoman. :laugh:

Anyway, Book of Mormon is fabulous, so at least Mormonism (and Trey Parker / Matt Stone) have gifted the world that.
Hasa diga eebowaii!

Personally hand written You are the chosen one :smooch:
Can’t believe how easily I was accosted last year. Pretty girl with a lovely bicycle sitting on a picnic bench Scarborough to Whitby railway path. Expertly done and how quickly the conversation turned from bicycles to doom.
When they start on the "don't you think there are more wars and more trouble and misery in the world?" I normally say not in my world and ask them if they take milk in their tea.

byegad

Legendary Member
We had a pair knock on the door just after we moved in. This despite a sign on the door saying 'No cold callers, sales or religions.'
After I pointed out the sign they chirped up with....'Surely you want good news of the Lord?'
They left when I told them I didn't need an imaginary friend. They haven't been back.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
So it won't just be me who 'Barbara' has her eye on!:sad: :rolleyes: I received one of these letters about 2 months ago. It made me wonder who 'Your neighbour Barbara' was. I thought of all the Barbaras i know or know of (about 4) and thought 'Hey up,it's her way of getting to know me intimately'.:shy: I didn't approach them,but did mention the letter to friends. Now i know she was only after my soul and not my body!:sad:
;)

postman

Legendary Member
So it won't just be me who 'Barbara' has her eye on!:sad: :rolleyes: I received one of these letters about 2 months ago. It made me wonder who 'Your neighbour Barbara' was. I thought of all the Barbaras i know or know of (about 4) and thought 'Hey up,it's her way of getting to know me intimately'.:shy: I didn't approach them,but did mention the letter to friends. Now i know she was only after my soul and not my body!:sad:
;)
Could have been worse Accy,it could have been Ingrid or Olga from East Germany,it would have cost you a fortune in Veet facial hair remover.

Drago

Legendary Member
Not received a letter, but I once - unsuccessfully, I might add - chatted one JW lass up when she knocked on my door.

Did go out with a mormon lass once, a bit older than me. I can tell you, she taught me a few things! About religion. Cough.

I got involved ina fight in the Army, when one squaddie who was a JW got into a heated argument about life saving blood transfusions for children. They came to blows, and then everyone was at it. I don't recall whether JW or The Combined Other Religions team won that one.

Top Bottom