Haven't been cycling for 2 weeks and starting to feel miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's super sunny here but as soon as I look outside my window I can see the black cloud in the direction of where I want to go ride.
Or go the other way?
Riding out with the wind behind you only helps if you plan to catch a train back or chuck your bike in a taxi! Unless you have a day where the wind will drop later on, or a freak day where the wind direction reverses just in time for the ride home...

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Riding out with the wind behind you only helps if you plan to catch a train back or chuck your bike in a taxi! Unless you have a day where the wind will drop later on, or a freak day where the wind direction reverses just in time for the ride home...
This never happens for tailwinds. I get headwind on the way out, expecting a tailwind on the way back, but no! Wind changes to give me a headwind on the way back too. Guaranteed, every time... :laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
This never happens for tailwinds. I get headwind on the way out, expecting a tailwind on the way back, but no! Wind changes to give me a headwind on the way back too. Guaranteed, every time... :laugh:
I've had that one! I once got a terrible headwind from Todmorden to Littleborough. I turned left in Littleborough to tackle the climb to Blackstone Edge from Littleborough - HEADWIND. (It is normally a cross/tailwind.) I turned left at the summit and was looking forwards to the 9 km descent through Cragg Vale to Mytholmroyd - I STILL had a headwind and it was so strong that I had to put the bike in my bottom gear and stand up to force the cranks round. I turned left in Mytholmroyd - HEADWIND back to Todmorden! That was a complete circular loop with a cross/headwind the whole time! :wacko: :cursing:

johnblack

Über Member
First time out yesterday since the 2nd Feb. 60 mile reliability ride, for road and gravel bikes, I did it in the 29er as there were some off road parts that I thought might be a bit too wet. Glad I did. The wind was tough, spent the rest of the day laying on the sofa, so a good day all round.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Should have been out on Saturday o the MTB, but the weather was rubbish (and incredibly wet) - I then got volunteered into redecorating the kitchen. Aching all over now.

BigMeatball

Got invited by my training group to go for a group ride on Saturday morning. I do hope the weather is ok BUT I have to figure out a way to avoid the group ride as I much prefer riding solo :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Managed 299 miles last week. Will do a little less this week. Amazing how an ultra endurance event in June keeps you motivated to get out there and get on with it. It's rarely as bad as it sounds once you are out there and warmed up.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
The nights are really drawing out now. Finished work today and enjoyed a 22 mile ride without having to use my lights.
Hopefully all this bad weather is now behind us

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Through the window the outside looked quite nice this morning; overcast but with a fair smattering of sun and crucially very little wind. Consequently the "best bike" got its first outing in six months...

Four miles out the rain started and predictably after a while I was damp in some areas / saturated in others, filty and cold. The last few of the 20 miles were particularly crappy as the wind had picked up and was against me.

Don't really regret going out now the clothes are washed and the bike half-arsedly cleaned, but would have stayed at home had I known about the weather!

Top Bottom