Haven't been cycling for 2 weeks and starting to feel miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One benefit of the rain...new bike came in big box on Wednesday...big box got stuck in garden...big box got rained on...big box got all soggy...soggy big box got rolled up and put into boot of small estate car...soggy big box now in the cardboard recycling at tip :okay:

Moral of story...no rain...no soggy big box...no easy way of getting to tip for recycling (I don't possess a Stanley knife) :becool:
I take it that the new bike is doing quite nicely, warm and dry !

vickster

Legendary Member
I take it that the new bike is doing quite nicely, warm and dry !
Yep not yet ridden

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
You lucky so and so, I haven't been allowed out on any of my bikes now for getting on for 2 long years due to various ticker and lung issues, but fingers crossed the results from my turbo training exercises should allow me to be heading out on the road in a few weeks time.
Sorry to read that and hope you're on the mend. Good for you though for "holding the faith"
It's only few week's now until the weather will start to pick up, and you for sure be out there enjoying it on your bike. Just take it slowly to begin with cycling buddy and enjoy your self👍👍

planning a ride is tough at present, made the mistake of choosing Sunday rather than Saturday for a longer ride last weekend, in theory it was the better day but i took some punishment in the wind on the Sunday but at leats i got out. Managed 15 rides so far this year although 2 were on the turbo. Again this Sunday looks the better on the days this weekend, lets hope.

Mike_P

Guru
Seems to be payback for the mild start last year, Jan & Feb last year 290 miles, this year 60 split across 16 days of short commutes and shopping trips.

Seems to be payback for the mild start last year, Jan & Feb last year 290 miles, this year 60 split across 16 days of short commutes and shopping trips.
Last February was indeed mild and actually got to 20 oC on one day here in Suffolk. Half of my rides were on my summer bike of 271 miles, this Feb I actually did 291 miles despite the rain and wind. My averaged dropped from 17.3 mph to 16.5 mph despite mainly on flatter routes. Don`t talk to me about wind though.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've a Cervelo R5 2012 that's been pretty much hanging clean & dry on my living room wall for years waiting for dry days, like waiting for the proverbial rocket horse poo.

its not been ridden more than 1000 miles in 8 years, still it looks lovely on the wall :rolleyes:
Why not just ride it and clean after. It's not made from glass

vickster

Legendary Member
Last February was indeed mild and actually got to 20 oC on one day here in Suffolk. Half of my rides were on my summer bike of 271 miles, this Feb I actually did 291 miles despite the rain and wind. My averaged dropped from 17.3 mph to 16.5 mph despite mainly on flatter routes. Don`t talk to me about wind though.
It's still February, get out there and hit 300 :okay: bonus day

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Rode through 24 floods today. There's an unprecendented amount of water in the ground at the moment. One road was a virtual stream with mud in the middle. Never even seen it close to that state before in 30 years of riding in the area. Saw two mtn bikers, and some walkers, no one else out.

Top Bottom