Haven't been cycling for 2 weeks and starting to feel miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think what’s making this ‘can’t ride when I want’ lark worse is that I know that Spring is so very close now - only three weeks away! But then we have had snow in March and April before.

Roll on summer!
I've only been out twice this month and it felt like a real slog due to lack of fitness and strong wind.

pawl

Legendary Member
Sunday looks better where I live. Not heard about another storm though.

Not in my neck of the woods.Sat andSun look 👀 pretty wet and windy.Mon next week looks like a decent day.

See that the Spanish met office have named the storm.No wonder I can’t pronounce it.Think I will pop into the garage forgetting what my bikes look like.With a bit of luck they may have bred.

BigMeatball

I come for a warmer and less rainy country. The Scottish weather has never bothered me until this autumn/winter when for the first time I've had to do outdoors activities.

You don't mind the rain and cold when you're downing pints at the pub or you're doing weights at the gym. But when you're outside running in the park and you don't feel your hands no more, that's just something else.

Now I understand why most professional triathletes have relocated to warmer places: Girona, Lanzarote just to name a few. Training is more enjoyable and with lower risk of injury.

For the first time since moving to Scotland I am considering moving away.

RegG

Über Member
I've managed one ride outside since the beginning of January - the rest of the time I've been on the turbo trainer in the conservatory! Got through the complete set of "Outnumbered" episodes too! Worst of all, I've got a new bike waiting in the garage for its first ride.....

lane

Veteran
Storm Jorge

Yes I know now. Think that's three storms in four weekends and the one weekend without the storm wasn't noticeably better. This is now getting beyond a bloody joke. I am still intending to get out at some point over the weekend. :angry:

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I know now. Think that's three storms in four weekends and the one weekend without the storm wasn't noticeably better. This is now getting beyond a bloody joke. I am still intending to get out at some point over the weekend. :angry:
It's winter in the uk ;)
At least be glad, you're not under 10 ft of snow (and hopefully water)

Last edited:

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Ffs.
Having gone from the normal go faster tyres to the snow tyres and back to the go faster tyres again I was looking forward to getting the bike out today.
Eldest daughter texted me to say the roads were fine (no ice) and I was just getting my shorts and stuff ready when it started snowing again. Then sleet. Now there's ice all over the roads.
I'm not changing feckin tyres again.
Last chance tomorrow to get my 50k in or I'm screwed. Effin weather, I feckin hate it.

Hi.
As the title states i haven't been out on the bike for two weeks now..

You lucky so and so, I haven't been allowed out on any of my bikes now for getting on for 2 long years due to various ticker and lung issues, but fingers crossed the results from my turbo training exercises should allow me to be heading out on the road in a few weeks time.

vickster

Legendary Member
One benefit of the rain...new bike came in big box on Wednesday...big box got stuck in garden...big box got rained on...big box got all soggy...soggy big box got rolled up and put into boot of small estate car...soggy big box now in the cardboard recycling at tip :okay:

Moral of story...no rain...no soggy big box...no easy way of getting to tip for recycling (I don't possess a Stanley knife) :becool:

Dwn

I've been out twice this week, and on both occasions got caught miles from home by winds and snow that hadn't been forecast. Absolute misery

Top Bottom