Haven't been cycling for 2 weeks and starting to feel miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Last time I rode was November 24th last year, not too sure if I should call myself a cyclist anymore
main reason I hate the cold, the :rain:and have had manflu 🤧 roll on the warmer weather :smile:

hobo

O' wise one
Night rides.
A 2hr ride Sunday night from 8pm great.
Wind had dropped and quiet roads. I think most people go to bed early on a Sunday.
Watch the forecast and use some good lights.

lane

Veteran
This winter has had a bit of a sting in the tail.
It's been relatively ok for the first half but the last few weeks have been lousy.
Spring isn't to far away though and the first signs are definitely showing. There's a few daffodils coming through and the mornings are getting lighter. Given a few more weeks and all this will be long and forgotten (apart from the unfortunate ones drying there flooded homes out)

Often seems to happen a sting in the tale. I actually often find this part of the year the hardest if weather is poor. To start with I get out in the winter put up with the cold / rain / wind whatever. But when it gets to this point in the year I am expecting better so the bad weather seems more disappointing and also it can be tempting to think sod it, will warm up in a couple of weeks I may as well wait.

We had the "Beast from the East" a couple of years or so ago, and then just two or three weeks later we had some lovely warm spring weather.

Actually looks a lovely day out today shame I am stuck in the office.

I’m in the same boat, it’s been three weeks with two of those in the UAE so I’m finding this weather especially bad this year, I tried to ride this morning but two miles in I turned for home absolutely freezing

i am still riding on the turbo for an hour each day but that gets boring very quickly even with videos and virtual routes

lane

Veteran
Sunday looks better where I live. Not heard about another storm though.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I did the Rutland loop 24miles on the 14th and not a thing since .
Weather, feeling under the weather ,and having to start emptying bungalow in Milton Keynes.

It's does make you miserable when you don't bike.

I have used my road bike on the trainer but I don't enjoy that

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Feckin weather!
Yesterday night it snowed. So I stuck the snow tyres on and spent an hour replacing some lost studs before meeting the local cycle group.
By the time I got there all the snow had been rained away.
I figured I'd ride over to Rivington to make up my 50k but noooooooo, feckin diabetes struck again with multiple hypos probably due to extra drag from the tyres and a pig of a headwind. 15 miles when I got home and glucose readings so low that the meter could only give a reading of "LO". Too low for an actual figure. It's a wonder I remained upright.
Sooooooo, despite the forecast for more snow on the way, I predicted that again it wouldn't stick and last night set about putting my Voyagers back on.
My view this morning......

:headshake:

Hi.
As the title states i haven't been out on the bike for two weeks now..
With the weather being dire and being to busy with day to day stuff the cycling has taken a serious knock.
Its only been 2 weeks but i can really feel the difference. My jeans feel tighter and my mood has really dropped.
Im determined not to fall into my old way's again but sometimes when the combination of being busy and lousy weather, the cycling sometimes gets neglected
Tomorrow however seems to promise some half decent weather and i can't wait to get back out there again and escape for a few hours. I may even dust off the old Steelie Peugeot as I'm feeling very retro and nostalgic at the moment 😊

View it as recovery and re charging. - and think of me - Ive been off the bike since early dec with a back injury !

Top Bottom