Haven't been cycling for 2 weeks and starting to feel miserable

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I generally manage a few K's each day, taking the kids to places, getting the shopping, or going to catch the tram. It all adds up, fortunately, or I'd be going somewhat stir crazy myself.

I managed my first 100k ride for the Lunacy challenge on new years day but I've been a bit stuck since then.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Been on an enforced sabbatical from commuting by bike . It is annoying and does play With your mood as well. However the weather has been terrible so timing has not been too bad. Debating whether to try the bike this week or wait till the doctor gives me some advice on Thursday

D

Deleted member 26715

Just looked, only 4 rides this month, managed 8 last February, off to Isle of Wight next Friday so the weather had better pick up I want to be out every other day at least if not every day

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I managed to get out today. The weather was awful this morning but by the afternoon the sun was shining. I took my old Peugeot out on the roads as its fitted with full mudguards and is more of a relaxed comfortable ride.40 miles later i arrived back home feeling tired but mentally revitalised. Lots of stops along the way to enjoy the views and peace and quiet. The roads were quiet and only came across a handful of floods to which i could make easy detours.
Just what what the doctor ordered i think and looking forward to the next outing.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
And to end the perfect day of cycling ive got a chicken slowly cooking in the oven (with the cat guarding the oven door) followed by half a bottle of wine for tonight.
A great way to end the weekend 🍷😊
I made Wales across the closed to traffic old bridge into a gale, by the time coffee had been consumed in Chepstow the bridge was open to all and the sun came out. Just what the doctor ordered. I've got brisket braising in the oven now, smells great and properly hungry ^_^

OldShep

Über Member
Last October I wasn’t feeling the love so decided to park up for a couple of months. Been walking 25- 30 miles every week and enjoyed it. Got the bike out of hibernation about 3 weeks ago. Brilliant I thought we’re off now just have to increase the miles.
Hasn’t happened it seems to have been cold, windy and wet every day since. 6 mile walk this afternoon and weather improved while out. Snow forecast for tomorrow this has been a miserable time and I hope it ends very soon.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
25 miles for me today , 1st ride of any note not including commutes which have been spartan what with the weather and now floods :sad:

Shearwater Missile

Über Member
I must count myself very lucky as I have managed to get out 11 times this month and I do sympathise with those of you who can`t. Today`s ride was the windiest I have been out in (28mph gusting 40). I did`nt go out when we had the recent gales as that in my mind would have been madness and besides too I don`t like putting myself at risk. The average windspeed for those 11 rides has been 20.54 mph with average gusts of 27.8 mph. Yes, the daffs are out, the crocuses are out, the hedgerows are coming into flower but.........Spring still seems a little way off. At least we have it to look forward to, if only the wind would ease.

OldShep

Über Member
I must count myself very lucky as I have managed to get out 11 times this month and I do sympathise with those of you who can`t. Today`s ride was the windiest I have been out in (28mph gusting 40). I did`nt go out when we had the recent gales as that in my mind would have been madness and besides too I don`t like putting myself at risk. The average windspeed for those 11 rides has been 20.54 mph with average gusts of 27.8 mph. Yes, the daffs are out, the crocuses are out, the hedgerows are coming into flower but.........Spring still seems a little way off. At least we have it to look forward to, if only the wind would ease.
Dafs out!!! xx( We are still on snowdrops up here

D

Deleted member 1258

I've only missed one ride so far this year, I might have to reschedule tomorrow's ride due to rain.

Top Bottom