Heads Up - TDF Preview 7-9pm tonight ITV 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Exciting !!!!!

7pm ITV4....

Really cheered up a colleague today...he hasn't got sky yet and also can't get many of the freeview channels as he lives in the Derbyshire hills.....so can't get the tour.....

I told him that he can watch ITV4 on line.....and if he misses it, he can catch up with it on line later ......he'd not known of this, nor BBCi player - let's say he was well chuffed !!!! ;):biggrin:

TVC

Yep, I've just come to turn the PC off. We've got sparkly wine and Maltesers so we're sorted.

More excited than a 41 year old should ever be.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Sparkly wine and choc - blimey - I got some very cold bottles of Bud in the fridge..... kids will be brainwashed into watching bikes ! Argh, no girl cyclists, so my daughter won't be impressed.....

yenrod

fossyant said:
Now't wrong with Phil and Paul...better than Duffers - !!!

You mean Phill 'i used to love larnce armstrong but now I love myself instead' and Paul 'i was a grimpeur but now I serve Phil'! Sherwin.

yello

I've never really understood what "heads up" means. I know how people use it but it's one of those expressions that I've always found weird. The first time I heard it (only around 5 years ago), I was completely baffled. But as they guy that said it was ex-public school, I just assumed it was something specific to a particular group of people.

Anyways, I hope the preview was more interesting than the 'le << Tour en Féte >>' tripe I've just watched. It was a kind of 'opening ceremony' with a number of has been or wanna be musicians doing album promos - sod all mention of cycling though, thankfully, around 10 minutes of old b&w tour footage made it almost worthwhile.

It's wet and blowy in Brest at the moment, with no change expected for tomorrow, so the female musicians in their party frocks were an interesting sight. I'd not heard of Sofia Essaidi before but she does have quite impressive norks!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Nah...we had edited cuts of last years tour - you quickly forget how long into the Tour the 'issues' took to come out....like 15-16 days..... well edited...

Heads up.... we used to use it as kids when throwing in during footie.... but I'd say possibly one of the World Wars ...... ???? Anyone ?

fossyant said:
Nah...we had edited cuts of last years tour - you quickly forget how long into the Tour the 'issues' took to come out....like 15-16 days..... well edited...

Heads up.... we used to use it as kids when throwing in during footie.... but I'd say possibly one of the World Wars ...... ???? Anyone ?

Well, we can guess what it means, but it no origin is given! Anyone? :eek:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=heads-up

yello

Hmmm, yes... this was how I heard it used....

A business buzzword meaning to give somebody a summary or progress report on the current situation.

And this description fits the guy I heard regularly use it!

Mainly used by idiots who want to be something they're not

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Anyway.

A good programme, I thought, with some well chosen highlights (that rainy time trial :laugh: ) - looking forward to the race now!

Top Bottom