Headset Adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
World Domination is on the horizon ................ :laugh:
Can you use your British Cycling and any Halfords Gift Cards at the subsidiary companies does anyone know?
Sorry , off topic

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
My Boardman Team Carbon was well assembled four tears ago, and nothing has loosened or fallen off since. Some Halfords branches are fine, some not.

172traindriver

Legendary Member
World Domination is on the horizon ................ :laugh:
Can you use your British Cycling and any Halfords Gift Cards at the subsidiary companies does anyone know?
Sorry , off topic

A quick look at the membership benefits on the BC website lists the discounts available to members.
Cycle Republic is indeed included with Halfords, Evans and CRC for a 10% discount, however it does say the offer runs from 1st Jan 2018 to 31st December 2018. I wonder what will happen in 2019?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

I wonder too .........
I collected my bike from Cycle Republic yesterday (just about to add to my portfolio of stupid / mundane questions on here :laugh: ) in Birmingham and the service and knowledge of the guys there was excellent in fairness.
I feel ok with the set up the headset so we will see how we go ......... :smile:
Cheers

autolycus

Über Member
I had a similar situation a couple of years ago on a Team Hybrid. The problem i found was that fitting an adjustable stem or riser onto a carbon steerer is not recommended. At the time Halfords swore that it was an alloy riser and sent me two letters confirming this. Eventually (it took a few weeks) i was able to prove to them that their published specification was incorrect: the fork was full carbon. I had told them i intended to fit a riser when i bought the bike and eventually they agreed a full refund.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

At least you got the right result in the end I suppose . The set up seems ok at the moment in fairness.... highered the saddle a couple of centimetres and moved the brake/gear levers a little.
Wolves ay we :laugh:

Top Bottom