Heart attack part two

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Back home at last, been told it's a month of work no heavy lifting, have had one stint fitted no probs with that, had a scan on the heart and they could not see any damage, so that's all good pills for the rest of my life, i can live with that, i think the worst bit is the groin were they do it all from, that's really bruised i think it will be a couple of weeks till that goes down, then i might be able to get my leg over
the bike. doctors have said exercise but don't over do it, they say the bike is good but take it easy for a bit, so it's all looking promising will keep you updated on progress,
the good thing is i can now watch the TDF live so it's not all bad.:whistle:

numbnuts

Legendary Member
That's great news just take it easy:thumbsup:

Back home at last, been told it's a month of work no heavy lifting, have had one stint fitted no probs with that, had a scan on the heart and they could not see any damage, so that's all good pills for the rest of my life, i can live with that, i think the worst bit is the groin were they do it all from, that's really bruised i think it will be a couple of weeks till that goes down, then i might be able to get my leg over
:whistle:

Like others have said, dont over do it at first.

Davidc

Guru
Good to hear of someone recovering from a heart attack.

I was ordered off the bike for 3 months - did have a bypass operation though.

I was also told that cycling is one of the best forms of exercise once you've had one, and have since been told to push it as hard and often as I like.

One stent, no damage and on medication which significanlty reduces chances of any future event. I'm not suggesting you are lucky by any means but it could be so much worse. The nastiest type of MI as far as i'm concerned is the one which kills off a big portion of the main pumping chamber. It leaves the survivor a 'cardiac cripple' - unable to climb stairs without stopping for a rest and no prospect of any significant recovery.

When I have my MI I want one with your outcome or a really big one that finishes me off nice and quick (preferably the former) :sad:

Enjoy watching the TdF!

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
One stent, no damage and on medication which significanlty reduces chances of any future event. I'm not suggesting you are lucky by any means but it could be so much worse. The nastiest type of MI as far as i'm concerned is the one which kills off a big portion of the main pumping chamber. It leaves the survivor a 'cardiac cripple' - unable to climb stairs without stopping for a rest and no prospect of any significant recovery.

When I have my MI I want one with your outcome or a really big one that finishes me off nice and quick (preferably the former) :sad:

Enjoy watching the TdF!
Yes i think i was lucky, but i don't know how the paramedic got there so quick, the wife was still on the phone when he was knocking at the door,

Yes i think i was lucky, but i don't know how the paramedic got there so quick, the wife was still on the phone when he was knocking at the door,
Was it a car driver? They get there sooner than the buses on the whole. The dispatch is made as soon the phone callers whereabouts are verified and the call is triaged. When chest pain is mentioned it gets a high priority and they are on the way while further details are taken. The car drivers tend to park up in convenient locations so they can get to most places in the quickest time possible.

Top Bottom