Heart rate range

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I experienced similar. Sitting in an ambulance, following a spill on a cold Feb Sunday, the medics were a bit alarmed with my heart rate at 38 bpm. Until I told them my resting rate was mid 40's.

I had a similar experience, sat in the back of an ambulance having been treated for a bad reaction to a wasp sting, they were quite happy with my vital signs till I pointed out that my normal resting heart rate was around 50 bpm and the 90 bpm that was showing wasn't right.

OP
OP
Y

yello

I had a similar experience, sat in the back of an ambulance having been treated for a bad reaction to a wasp sting, they were quite happy with my vital signs till I pointed out that my normal resting heart rate was around 50 bpm and the 90 bpm that was showing wasn't right.

I like that, kinda t'other way around.

In response to an earlier comment, I'd be surprised if all cyclists (i.e. people who ride a bike) had a heart rate below 60. I'm sure some are 'normal'

Ajax Bay

Guru
Will throw hat into HR range ring.
I was an early adopter of HR (chest band) monitors and bought the top of the range Polar for iirc £200 in maybe 1984 - one of those ones that stored data: cutting edge. Still have it and put a new battery in it recently: still works.
Aged maybe mid-30s (and HRRest stayed low till 50s):
Supine before rising in the morning: lowest HRM and finger on wrist measured = 28bpm.
Two final sprint after 40 or 50 minute running races: 206 and 207bpm (measured on HRM (obv)).
Never got it over 196 on the 'run increasingly swiftly up a hill and sprint' test.
Ran an 8 and then later a 15 one race meeting and recorded 201 and 199 at the crux of the sprint coming off the top bend.
So if I was doing a set of intervals at 85%, that'd be 28+(0.85*(206-28))= 180bpm (typically 8 x 2 mins with 1 min easy).

Last edited:
Top Bottom