Heart training zones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

Either you are pushing as hard as you can for the duration of the test, or you are not. And if you are doing the test while trying to stay in a specific HR zone, then you are self-evidently not pushing as hard as you can for the duration of the test.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Either you are pushing as hard as you can for the duration of the test, or you are not. And if you are doing the test while trying to stay in a specific HR zone, then you are self-evidently not pushing as hard as you can for the duration of the test.
I'm sorry that you are finding it hard to understand .

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
Cuchilo - have you got those Zones quite right. If I go for a longish ride in Zone3/4, or sweet spot as I call it, I'm completely fecked when I get home, but you seem as though you're out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon jaunt,

But, there again, I am an old bast*rd! :ohmy:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Cuchilo - have you got those Zones quite right. If I go for a longish ride in Zone3/4, or sweet spot as I call it, I'm completely fecked when I get home, but you seem as though you're out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon jaunt,

But, there again, I am an old bast*rd! :ohmy:
I took my resting and max heart rate and put those into the Garmin . The Garmin decided my zones for me .
I'm not sure a Sunday jaunt is how i would explain it but certainly not completely knackered .
The test period is a 10 - 25 or 50 mile TT I am trying to work out how to ride them to MY best . What i am finding is if i push a bigger gear i can keep my speed but get my heart rate down . The problem with that is you need big legs to do that .

Citius

Why do you keep asking me stupid questions ?

Easy tiger. I asked you what you meant by 'big legs' - not sure what is 'stupid' about that. Asking for clarity is never stupid.

Citius

You'll have a long wait mate as he's on ignore .
Have a look on the TT forum . The riders rather than the internet experts have some good replies there .
Its a shame we have to go to another forum to discuss a topic @Moderators

You can discuss it here (or perhaps in the training forum) - but seriously, I don't understand what is so difficult about being asked to clarify a statement which you have already made. The TT forum will be far less forgiving that this one - I doubt if they would tolerate that level of vagueness either. Internet experts are everywhere incidentally - even on the TT forum - there is no monopoly on expertise there. Who knows, they may even post here under different usernames :scratch:

I simply asked you what you meant by 'big legs' - do you mean legs that are physically big? Legs with big muscles? If you want a serious conversation, then start by talking in grown-up language which is appropriate to the topic. But all you have demonstrated so far is that you don't want to have to explain anything.

I thought I might try and help you on this topic, which is why I got involved - but nobody can do that (not even the experts on the TT forum) without you clarifying a few things along the way. You seem to have taken that as an affront - which is utterly bizarre. So seeing as you are not interested in finding a solution, I'll not confuse you anymore.

Last edited:

screenman

Legendary Member
If your heart rate is high when soft pedalling then you are not very fit. A fit guy will have no problem riding in your zone 1 or 2 at 14 to 16 mph.

Top Bottom