Heart training zones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Not a lot, take 10 minutes off of that and I will say he is getting fitter.
I'm guessing you're talking about my time for the 25 ?

screenman

Legendary Member
I'm guessing you're talking about my time for the 25 ?

Yes, how many long rides of over 2 hours have you done in the last year. It is possible if not properly fit that you will not have much power difference across your heart range.

Out of interest what is your heart rate when you first sit on the bike.

Citius

Trouble is, give someone an HRM for xmas and all of a sudden they think they're training 'properly' when they aren't. This thread is proof of that...

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Nice ! Join a club , no one cares about your times but then ....
Opinions on my times on a course you didn't ride on that day and giving a time i should have done when only one rider went under the hour .
And again . Another thread taken off course and the mods do nothing :wacko:

screenman

Legendary Member
I am not sure where you have taken offence. If you answered some of our questions we could maybe tell you how we got by.

Citius

Another thread taken off course and the mods do nothing

Nothing's been taken off course. You have just arrogantly dismissed any attempt to clarify any of the vague statements you have made. An HRM is a technical training tool, but you don't seem to have any interest in clarifying any of the technical details which would help someone resolve some of the issues that you are clearly having. Your loss - nobody else's.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I don't even use a HR monitor yet, so I'm afraid I cannot add anything to this discussion! Haven't even got a clue what my max HR is. I just ride as hard as I can at the moment during TT's, seems to be working so far - 3rd last week, 5th tonight, that's not to say I won't invest in a garmin and all the kit in the future, just this year sucking it and seeing.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm not offended at all . I'm just after advice and help and i'm not getting it on this thread . All i am getting is the thread derailed by the same people .

Citius

I don't even use a HR monitor yet, so I'm afraid I cannot add anything to this discussion! Haven't even got a clue what my max HR is. I just ride as hard as I can at the moment during TT's, seems to be working so far - 3rd last week, 5th tonight, that's not to say I won't invest in a garmin and all the kit in the future, just this year sucking it and seeing.

Agree with this ^^

Unless you have a PM, then you need to be able to 'feel' your effort in a TT. HR can vary so much from day to day that riding to a zone - especially a zone with a higher intensity - is a pretty useless gauge of performance and effort level.

Citius

I'm not offended at all . I'm just after advice and help and i'm not getting it on this thread . All i am getting is the thread derailed by the same people .

You are not getting advice because you are not trying particularly hard to be understood. That is evident from your answers (or lack of them). Your remarks to me have just been arrogant, for no obvious reason. Nobody is trying to 'derail' the thread, ffs.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Same here mate . First year and loving it ! Just annoyed that i cant go faster and the thing stopping me is my legs .
Well done on 5th !

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Same here mate . First year and loving it ! Just annoyed that i cant go faster and the thing stopping me is my legs .
Well done on 5th !
Cheers, yep likewise loving the Thursday nights racing, we've got a good little group of us so the craic and banter is enjoyable too - all trying to beat each other and move up the order to challenge the more established riders while not getting too "serious". My new 53 crank seems to be working well so has definitely helped me in my last two TT's. I've also knocked off the riding in the 2-3 days leading up to a TT so my last Base miles ride would be Sunday or Monday then nothing till Thursday, it seems to be working for me (at the moment) for instance I rode 60 miles Monday night at a reasonable pace. Ive set a PB every TT this year (ok it's my first year, so this probably won't continue). One of my mates religiously rides by HR but I think he backs off a bit too much when he should just give it the beans and push it! Just my opinion, but I know when I ride a TT there's nothing left to give at the end, if I've paced it wrong then that's a different story!
I don't even ride with a speedo, I don't really want to know, I'm going as fast as I can anyway, so it wouldn't make a lot of difference at the moment, I just think it would distract me to be honest.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
If you really want to improve 10 tt times, you would be better off avoiding longer rides. Stick to rides of upto about an hour at a good pace and incorporate some speed intervals into your training as well . I have to confess I am not disciplined enough or keen enough on tt's to stick to that sort of regime, but that is the advice I was given buy some very quick testers.

Top Bottom