Heat molding shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jd843

Hi,

I bought a pair of Bont Blitz cycling shoes and fancied heat molding them. The thing is, the guide on the bont site says to remove "laces, cleats and screws" but doesn't mention whether this includes the boa system - does this count as 'laces'? Or can I leave the boa system in place on the shoe when I put them in the oven?

I tried contacting Bont but haven't had any reply...

Cheers

alicat

Legendary Member
How hard is it to remove them? Just sayin'....

OP
OP
J

jd843

Then that probably means you aren't meant to. [But don't take my word for it!]
Well, I think it's fairly likely I don't need to since googling "remove boa heat molding cycling shoes" brings up literally nothing on the net. Just want to be sure!

alicat

Legendary Member
Maybe just try googling 'remove boa heat moulding cycling shoes' as well - unless they are definitely all-American shoes ^_^

OP
OP
J

jd843

Check if there is a YouTube video. There is always a YouTube video!
There is, but the pair in the video doesn't have a boa :tired:

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Is this thread in English or is it an elaborate code? Is @jd843 a Soviet spy and we're about to be taken over? Or is it just an elaborate joke? Why would anyone put a pair of shoes in an oven, for heaven's sake?

classic33

Leg End Member
Is this thread in English or is it an elaborate code? Is @jd843 a Soviet spy and we're about to be taken over? Or is it just an elaborate joke? Why would anyone put a pair of shoes in an oven, for heaven's sake?
http://www.bont.com/longtrack/items/support/heat-molding.html
Last one is the best piece of information.
  • REMOVE any cleats, laces, cleat mounting screws and innersoles from the shoes before heating
  • DO NOT heat the shoes any higher than 70C/160F. Temperatures higher than this will void your warranty
  • DO NOT place your feet in the hot shoes or you may burn your feet

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Never seen The Gold Rush?
Charlie-Chaplin-Gold-Rush_Shoe1.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom