Heat molding shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's a form of expensive footwear that can be made to fit precisely to the owner's foot when hot and stays that way once cool again, M'lud.

Indeed.. but wait until the Mrs is out so she doesn't see you utilizing her best baking tray, let along putting shoes in the oven :whistle:

outlash

also available in orange
Indeed.. but wait until the Mrs is out so she doesn't see you utilizing her best baking tray, let along putting shoes in the oven :whistle:

(Wife walks in the house)

Wife: Something smells good love, what are you cooking?

Husband: er.....

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
In the days of leather shoes, Greg Lemond used to buy his a size too small and soak them in a bowl of water to soften them. He'd then wear them about the house for a day to mould them to his feet.

Tom B

Guru
Reminds me of an injury sustained by the sister of a woman I used to work with.

One of her favourite tricks was in winter after cooking toast under the grill she'd turn the grill off and put her shoes upside down under the grill to warm them and then have nice cosy feet whilst waiting at the bus stop.

One day she forgot to turn the grill off, put the shoes under, then a few minutes later grabbed at two lumps of what appeared to be soles but was actually molten gloop that promptly caused serious burns to her hands.

Anyways, back on thread, what an awesome idea as someone with a left foot half a size smaller than the right I will be look out for some of these shoes and my shoes will be going in the oven the next time swmbo is out.

e-rider

crappy member
Hi,

I bought a pair of Bont Blitz cycling shoes and fancied heat molding them. The thing is, the guide on the bont site says to remove "laces, cleats and screws" but doesn't mention whether this includes the boa system - does this count as 'laces'? Or can I leave the boa system in place on the shoe when I put them in the oven?

I tried contacting Bont but haven't had any reply...

Cheers
A mate of mine heated his bonts and all the glue melted - he even used a temp slightly lower than the stated one! If they are comfy out of the box I'd not bother.

Top Bottom