Hello and a plea from us horse riders!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
I hope he hasn't run off :sad:

Well, if he did I hope it was on the pavement and not in the road.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I get somewhat angry about the subject of horses on roads.
I ride a cycle, a motorcycle and drive a car and I'm mightily p*****d off when I come across the arrogant horse riders I frequent around the roads of Lincolnshire.

Invariably the horses are scared of vehicles but, oh no, the pratts who decide its ''their right'' to ride a terrified animal on a road deserve all of the abuse they get. Horses belong in fields and stables. They are pets just like dogs, cats etc etc. I wouldn't take my dog on a busy road even though its my ''right''.

Sorry, but I treat all horse riders with contempt and, unless there's a risk to my car/bike or myself, will drive past at a speed I choose - it is my ''right'' after all.

Bloody nuisance all of them!!!!

Either this is a finely crafted piece of satire, or you're a selfish idiot.

betty swollocks

large member
Had one of the very few negative experiences with a horse and rider yesterday,
Approached silently from behind and gave a call from 30 yards away,
"Watch out behind."............as I usually do.
Saw the rider's head twist slightly, so I assumed she'd heard me. I therefore closed the gap and gave them as wide a berth as is possible on a narrow country lane.
Unfortunately, as I drew adjacent to them, the horse started bucking violently, with the rider clinging on for grim death. I stopped and backed off.
The horse was eventually brought under control, but the rider then decided to vent her spleen at me, I think I learned a few new words.
No point in arguing or reasoning with her, so I just said,
"Sorry, I can't see which of you is swearing at me, as you both look the same."
And rode off.

Top Bottom