Hello and good day to you! I've just registered 🙋‍♀️

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker man

Good luck.

OP
OP
Devon Seamoor

Devon Seamoor

Regular
Good luck.
Have I posted the news from Halfords UK, that the manager offers payment of the repair, after consulting his team? I believe that's because I mentioned the failure of communication at the start of this year, when I've tried to get in touch with the manager who sold me the Pendleton.
This was on the phone with him. He's replacing the manager who sold me the e-bike, and he told me that he received my email, but because he didn't understand Dutch (the manager who sold me the e-bike is Dutch) he chose to ignore it. :ohmy: Huhh? The thought to respond in English never rose up in his sleeping-mind, I suppose. All text involved in sending my email messages are in English! The lack of swift and flexible thinking shows up in Britain very often, to be honest :blink:

At any rate, when I mentioned this lack of Halford's service,plus shared with him that I've discussed the issue on a variety of online bicycle-issues sites, this manager said "Oh well, your bike is fixed now and you can ride it again" I answered "That's a different subject, and you know it, right?"
(After years in Britain, I know the tricks of the trade on that island) A thundering silent moment followed, and he left it at that. (Also typical).
I accepted the reason why I had to pay myself for the repair, because it wasn't done by Halfords, and that rule is written in the warranty of my bike. Oh well...

It seems that afterwards, the manager felt it as an obligation to make efforts, to see if Halfords could pay for this repair anyway.
He has asked me for proof of the invoice, etc. and I've send it all by email to him. With my bank-account number ^_^
We'll see what happens next. Speaking up for oneself, which is more Dutch than British, it seems, pays off... pun intended :okay::bicycle:

Biker man

Have I posted the news from Halfords UK, that the manager offers payment of the repair, after consulting his team? I believe that's because I mentioned the failure of communication at the start of this year, when I've tried to get in touch with the manager who sold me the Pendleton.
This was on the phone with him. He's replacing the manager who sold me the e-bike, and he told me that he received my email, but because he didn't understand Dutch (the manager who sold me the e-bike is Dutch) he chose to ignore it. :ohmy: Huhh? The thought to respond in English never rose up in his sleeping-mind, I suppose. All text involved in sending my email messages are in English! The lack of swift and flexible thinking shows up in Britain very often, to be honest :blink:

At any rate, when I mentioned this lack of Halford's service,plus shared with him that I've discussed the issue on a variety of online bicycle-issues sites, this manager said "Oh well, your bike is fixed now and you can ride it again" I answered "That's a different subject, and you know it, right?"
(After years in Britain, I know the tricks of the trade on that island) A thundering silent moment followed, and he left it at that. (Also typical).
I accepted the reason why I had to pay myself for the repair, because it wasn't done by Halfords, and that rule is written in the warranty of my bike. Oh well...

It seems that afterwards, the manager felt it as an obligation to make efforts, to see if Halfords could pay for this repair anyway.
He has asked me for proof of the invoice, etc. and I've send it all by email to him. With my bank-account number ^_^
We'll see what happens next. Speaking up for oneself, which is more Dutch than British, it seems, pays off... pun intended :okay::bicycle:
Well done this is typical today you get hassle with everything.Nobody seems to care a hoot I hope you have many trouble free miles out of your Pendleton and great enjoyment keep safe.

Top Bottom