Hello from Brizzle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Get well soon! Rest and whisky ?
nearly - red wine...!
Doesn't stop me doing most things (except Mr Spinney has to do the veg chopping for dinner!)

screenman

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear you feel to old to join a club, in time trialling you would be a youngster.

I thought you were going to say 70 or more.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
We may not be meant to, but I imagine almost everyone does! Just googled for drop handlebar hand positions, and most of the pics show the thumb wrapping around the bar/hoods on the opposite side to the fingers!
Not sure it's most, but you're right that there's an awful lot. Blimey. Why the fark would you do that?

Anyway, if you can ride a bike properly, wouldn't you go ride rather than photograph your hands? ;)

OP
OP
JD42

JD42

Hills are nature's way of culling the weak
I feel 35 and I am a club member, in real year numbers I am 60.
Mine must of been an extreme version of a misspent youth

rivers

How far can I go?
Hello from another from Bristol (south Bristol though). I know you said you're not into club riding, but I would check out Salt and Sham in Keynsham. I've been riding with them for a few months now, and they are a lovely bunch. Several groups head out each ride on a Saturday morning, which is just a lap of Chew Lake, around 27 miles. 3 main groups that branch into smaller groups, and on nice days there will be well over 150 riders out, with about 70 or so on not so nice days. No one gets left behind.
Although, I'm always game for a ride on the weekends if I can't get out for a saturday LoTL

OP
OP
JD42

JD42

Hello from another from Bristol (south Bristol though). I know you said you're not into club riding, but I would check out Salt and Sham in Keynsham. I've been riding with them for a few months now, and they are a lovely bunch. Several groups head out each ride on a Saturday morning, which is just a lap of Chew Lake, around 27 miles. 3 main groups that branch into smaller groups, and on nice days there will be well over 150 riders out, with about 70 or so on not so nice days. No one gets left behind.
Although, I'm always game for a ride on the weekends if I can't get out for a saturday LoTL
Hi Rivers. Is it a case of show up and join in or do you need to contact someone? I am after the social aspect as I have found some clubs I have come into contact with come over elitist.

rivers

How far can I go?
Hi Rivers. Is it a case of show up and join in or do you need to contact someone? I am after the social aspect as I have found some clubs I have come into contact with come over elitist.

Just show up on a Saturday morning around 6:50 at Ashton Way Car Park in Keynsham and make yourself known to a member of the committee, who are easily distinguishable by a yellow stripe on the their club kit. They'll have a brief chat with you and give you an option of groups you would be suited for. Group 1 is the chain gang, Group 2 is a majority of the club (I'm in group 2.5 myself, which is the just moved up from group 3), and group 3 tends to be newer riders, both in general, to the club, or new to group riding. The ride ends at the Keynsham cricket club, where there is coffee/tea/other drinks and a selection of cooked breakfast food for a reasonable price.
If you're on facebook, here's the club page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/141233032753071/

OP
OP
JD42

JD42

Just show up on a Saturday morning around 6:50 at Ashton Way Car Park in Keynsham and make yourself known to a member of the committee, who are easily distinguishable by a yellow stripe on the their club kit. They'll have a brief chat with you and give you an option of groups you would be suited for. Group 1 is the chain gang, Group 2 is a majority of the club (I'm in group 2.5 myself, which is the just moved up from group 3), and group 3 tends to be newer riders, both in general, to the club, or new to group riding. The ride ends at the Keynsham cricket club, where there is coffee/tea/other drinks and a selection of cooked breakfast food for a reasonable price.
If you're on facebook, here's the club page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/141233032753071/
Thanks... not on the dreaded face book but will check out their website and hopefully be there Saturday. Are you riding Saturday? As for the groups I wouldn't know where to start. I ride at between 21 and 24kph for 50km which I like. ( hangover dependant)

Top Bottom