Hello from Slough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
you looking at training it back or riding back?

Phil_bucks

afternoon you minges, sorry I've missed the last couple of weeks (although i'm sure your average speeds were up :biggrin:), had a fair bit going on with various things and not been able to do any sat or sun mornings :sad: managed to get a couple of 20 milers in this weekend though. my fitness really isn't up to much as you can probably tell! so hoping to improve it greatly by the next time i'm struggling up a hill with you all :smile:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
you looking at training it back or riding back?

When i looked in to it the other week train back from Brighton to Victoria if you pre book was £5 then was gonna cycle to paddington and get the train back to Maidenhead which stops at Slough were D1 was gonna jump off would also be good for you if thats what you fancy ?

Any idea what time would leaving Brighton would be classed as a day out ? Obvs after cos & chips on the beach :thumbsup:

mark st1

Plastic Manc
afternoon you minges, sorry I've missed the last couple of weeks (although i'm sure your average speeds were up :biggrin:), had a fair bit going on with various things and not been able to do any sat or sun mornings :sad: managed to get a couple of 20 milers in this weekend though. my fitness really isn't up to much as you can probably tell! so hoping to improve it greatly by the next time i'm struggling up a hill with you all :smile:

Good to hear from you Phil glad u managed to get out even if only on your own looking foward to getting you out of the pub meeting up again soon :laugh:

defy-one

I've checked .... No designer clothes sales are going on that weekend :becool:
I'm in for Brighton!!!
Paul .... Bring a tow rope .... You may have to pull me along !
Mark - will you book the return train tickets to Paddington? The train back to Slough stops at West Drayton and Iver, so Paul and i can get off there.

As it's all downhill to Brighton ..... See if Phil "the hill climber" is interested :biggrin:
I have also informed Andy....

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Lol good man i wont book tickets to Paddington cos weekend £10.50 cheap day return will get me Maidenhead to Paddington am then Paddington back to Maidenhead pm. Wouldnt mind pre-booking the Brighton back to London though cos not sure of the normal cost but between £5-10 seems pretty cool to me.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Will do just waiting for Paul to confirm about the best time back from Brighton to London bearing in mind ride down to Brighton lunch etc.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Wonder where phil was, there must have been a lock in at the local :laugh:
Seriously guys are you not thinking about riding back? -- Im not to sure whats going on with the ride down and what time everyones meeting.
What about getting to croydon, how you planning on getting to the start?

jus curious

mark st1

Plastic Manc
lol Nope have a look in to times for this brighton run please im off to play footy now will be on later. And no late home from work so didnt get to Helfrauds. Like a numpty though i realised i have Sram Apex on my commute mountain bike its a 3 cog front and 8 rear but the rear hanger is spot on level with the rear cogs so summit is deffinatly a miss. Think its time to bounce my Specailized/Boardman back to Helfrauds and get them to fix it.

defy-one

We can meet at Slough or West Drayton for the train to paddington. That takes around 25 minutes, as i use it often. Then short ride over to Victoria station and catch the train out to Croydon.
I'll check timetables tommorow and see what works for us. I would imagine a 5.30am start lads to be in Croydon for the 8am start.
Gives us time prep time before the start

Top Bottom