Helmet Cam Man Beware

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

Drago

Legendary Member
Always assuming the cyclists can be identified after the event.

classic33

Leg End Member
Be a bit hard claim they're an invasion of privacy in most town centres, with the increasing number of CCTV schemes. Then you've the "collision cameras" on buses & other commercial vehicles to consider.

Wonder if the group claiming an invasion of privacy is the same one who's chairman had hers stolen.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

Be a bit hard claim they're an invasion of privacy in most town centres, with the increasing number of CCTV schemes. Then you've the "collision cameras" on buses & other commercial vehicles to consider.

Wonder if the group claiming an invasion of privacy is the same one who's chairman had hers stolen.

Big Brother Watch?

JoshM

I never figured how videoing things people do in public is an invasion of privacy. Public and private aren't really compatible.

Indeed. It shouldn't be a shock to discover that our behaviour while we are in public is observed by others. Isn't that why our behaviour in public differs slightly to our private behaviour.

Colin_P

Guru
Even though we don't have number plates, the chances are that any altercation will end up on u-tube.

My top tip is; Avoid hand gesticulation for the sake of the camera. Swearing is fine and you'd be very unlucky if those watching were good enough at lip reading. The exception to swearing is when the car is a convertible because the driver can hear you call them a w-anchor, which actually they probably deserve anyway just for driving one even if they don't cut you up.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
How can being video-ed or photographed doing something in a public shared space be an invasion of privacy. Typical smokescreen nonsense.

If dashcam evidence is encouraged what of helmetcam?

classic33

Leg End Member
Big Brother Watch?
One local bus company had seven "crash for cash" incidents, which is why they call them collision cameras.

As for Big Brother, a sign of the times maybe? Numbers being cut elsewhere. One insurance company gave a 25% discount if used. Not certain if they still do, now their use is more widespread.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

One local bus company had seven "crash for cash" incidents, which is why they call them collision cameras.

As for Big Brother, a sign of the times maybe? Numbers being cut elsewhere. One insurance company gave a 25% discount if used. Not certain if they still do, now their use is more widespread.

"Big Brother Watch" was the group named in the BBC video.

classic33

Leg End Member
How can being video-ed or photographed doing something in a public shared space be an invasion of privacy. Typical smokescreen nonsense.

If dashcam evidence is encouraged what of helmetcam?
I've a complaint lodged against me, using a camera in a public place, by an employee who was caught doing something she shouldn't. Company are taking her side, so far.

Top Bottom