Helmet Fear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Recycler

I took it to be a comment on the consequences of not wearing a skid lid.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Get one with tonnes of vents, then ride fast everywhere and the resultant vortex will ensure the bee is sucked out. Honest. ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Yes, had a wasp and two bees (not all at the same time) and got stung through the buff I wear under the helmet each time.:blink:

I can advise that bees hurt more than wasps and I have now got a helmet with mesh in the front vents so i hope it keeps the little fiends out.:thumbsup:

Peteaud

Veteran
Wear a trilby or such over said skid lid.

It will make you look dapper as well.

or get a /trotter crash turban

41569_113800805301449_5716632_n.jpg

^_^

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Yes, had a wasp and two bees (not all at the same time) and got stung through the buff I wear under the helmet each time.:blink:

Yup, same as me... bee through the buff. Little fekker must have thought he was drilling for oil. Had a headache that lasted the rest of the day and into the next.

I can advise that bees hurt more than wasps and I have now got a helmet with mesh in the front vents so i hope it keeps the little fiends out.:thumbsup:
Nope, it doesn't help. The Helmet I was wearing at the time had mesh.

Enigma2008

Über Member
I had a bee stuck between my helmet and the top of my cycling specs and, yes, the little sod stung me, I brushed it away but it hurt so much I stopped a few hundred yards up the road to ask a bloke (who was cutting the grass) if he could see anything? Yes! The sting was still there! He scraped it off but it still hurt like hell for a few hours. In my experience Bee stings hurt more than Wasp.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Nope, it doesn't help. The Helmet I was wearing at the time had mesh.
Noooooooooooooo! I've just spent money on a new helmet!:banghead: :whistle:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
The helmet was a Giro, with mesh on the front 3 vents. The Bee just got in (sucked in) round the side.
Hmmm. My new one is a Giro.:B)
Seriously though, I can't see it being as bad as the Bell I had previously. The front vent on that was so huge it was akin to having a basking shark on my forehead.:o)

Recycler

The sting was still there! He scraped it off but it still hurt like hell for a few hours. In my experience Bee stings hurt more than Wasp.

I used to keep bees.

A bee sting will usually stay in place. The sting consists of the bit which sticks in you and a small bag which contains the venom. If you squeeze the bag when you remove the sting then all you are doing is pumping more venom into yourself. The knack is to scrape it off, preferably using something like a blade by pushing the bag away from the sting. That way you reduce the amount of venom which gets into you. Easier said than done if it is in your hair!

Yes, bee stings hurt more and for longer than wasp stings., but I would be more worried about getting stung when either gets in my mouth. A sting on your throat is nasty.

Top Bottom