Helmet Fear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I used to wear a helmet.

Ex helmet wearers can sting one like ex smokers :whistle:

Nihal

Veteran
The uses of not wearing a helmet at many.Firstly you don't do real estate management for irritatin organisms in youre helmet and it feels awesome when youre coming down a hill.But then again there are people who have crashed and and decided to buy helmets so as to not permanently loose there heads(not me,i lost mine long ago:cry:);)

Nihal

Veteran
Wear a trilby or such over said skid lid.

It will make you look dapper as well.

or get a /trotter crash turban

41569_113800805301449_5716632_n.jpg

^_^
WHO is he???????????????????????????:laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
It's a bit like a bird (feathered kind with wings, before the inevitable comment) crapping on your head

Yes, one day it may happen, but you'll waste your life worrying, if you think it'll happen every time you go out cycling

Crankarm

Guru
I used to keep bees.

A bee sting will usually stay in place. The sting consists of the bit which sticks in you and a small bag which contains the venom. If you squeeze the bag when you remove the sting then all you are doing is pumping more venom into yourself. The knack is to scrape it off, preferably using something like a blade by pushing the bag away from the sting. That way you reduce the amount of venom which gets into you. Easier said than done if it is in your hair!

Yes, bee stings hurt more and for longer than wasp stings., but I would be more worried about getting stung when either gets in my mouth. A sting on your throat is nasty.

A fly flew straight in my mouth friday, it didn't come out till yesterday.

There's one stretch of the GBW that you are literally under attack from bugs, insects, flies, etc. I have thought about getting a mask. Shades are a necessity unless you want a fly in your eye.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
No, but what is quite scary is that last ride I inhaled 2 flies by accident. If they'd have been wasps I would truly have been out of breath...for good!

Ex helmet wearers can sting one like ex smokers :whistle:

I think there is an underlying truth to this.

As a middle-aged git who never really took helmets very seriously, I find that quite a few of the 'Strongly-Anti-Compulsion' brigade (often seen as anti-helmet) are former proponents of helmets and wearers of same.

I see similar evangelical zeal in some people who have come to religion later in life or given up smoking.

I write this as an ex-smoker who still quite likes the whiff of post-prandial smike and a non-helmet-wearer who has never really got what the fuss (either way) is all about.

I'd write what my views on faith are, but God would strike me down (or similar) if I did. Well, she would if she existed....

Top Bottom