Helmet padding - Replacement pads or new helmet??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
well i ride a lot since quitting the gym and the helmet does get pongy if i dont wash it. Removing the pads helps with drying as ive left them inside before while the helmet is out on the washing line drying and they were still damp the next day.

maybe i'll stick with giving the helmet a quick blast with a hair dryer instead to assist drying.
How come its smelling? I've never had one that's needed its pads washing ever? Is it because you have no hair/or a shaved head or is the helmet too tight or something? Your head shouldn't be sweating like this.

OP
OP
RoubaixCube

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
How come its smelling? I've never had one that's needed its pads washing ever? Is it because you have no hair/or a shaved head or is the helmet too tight or something? Your head shouldn't be sweating like this.

I have hair, I just run hot so sweat a lot. Everyone is different

Really ?
You don't know how hard the guy works out or how heavy he sweats.

I know my black helmet straps go white with salt in hot rides.

I was running behind a bald black guy last week and his head was absolutely covered in sweat drops. Presumably we all do that but hair or our complexion hides it. It was stunning.

I often wear a cap to soak up the sweat. When I'm working hard and have the peak down sweat will be pouring off that.

I rinse my helmet most rides and hang out to dry.

Top Bottom