Helmet saved my life yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
JESUS! 11 pages in and still going and all the original poster said was that he fell off his bike wearing a helmet :laugh:

Can't we just agree to disagree when it comes to helmets on this forum? Otherwise we need to get the profanity filter to remove the word from all future posts, all it seems to need is the presence of the word, in any context and we're off again :wacko:

So why exactly are you bothering to read this thread which is tucked away in the special annex for helmet threads so people don't have to read them?

Gary E

Veteran
Oh my god he's started on me now, quick think of some big word :blush:

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Two nerds are riding along on a tandem, when suddenly, the one on the front slams on the brakes, gets off and starts letting air out of the tires.
The one on the back says: "HEY! What are you doing that for!?"
The first nerd says, "My seat was too high and was hurting my butt. I wanted to lower it a bit."
So the one in the back has had enought. He jumps off, loosens his own seat and spins it round to face the other direction.
Now it's the first guy's turn to wonder what's going on. "What are you doing?" he asks his friend.
"Look mate," says the rider in the back, "if you're going to do stupid stuff like that, I'm going home!!"

Of course I can read those words, I was just being a little self-effacing, shame a few more people around here don't practice that a little more often, being right all the time and constantly trashing other peoples opinions seems to be more important to them somehow. :laugh: Just saying.

So what do you do when you post on a topic you know very well and then someone who has no idea about it comes along and says they have rarely read such rubbish and persists even when presented with the hard evidence they are wrong? Just asking. :rolleyes:

Gary E

Veteran
OK, how about this:
To those people who insist they're right and helmets are a good thing - I promise I will always wear a helmet when I ride my bike.
To those people who insist they're right and helmets are a bad thing - I promise I'll never put a helmet on my head again, ever.

For anyone who thinks I've just contradicted myself I say this - the side that knows they're right (and boy do they know they're right!) knows that their argument is best and so I must be lying to the other group, simples ^_^

Gary E

Veteran
So what do you do when you post on a topic you know very well and then someone who has no idea about it comes along and says they have rarely read such rubbish and persists even when presented with the hard evidence they are wrong? Just asking. :rolleyes:
I have a quick go at putting my point across, just in case they don't have all the facts and are open to persuasion and then I move on content in the knowledge that you can't win them all, and nor would I want to, I'm a forum member not an Oracle :rolleyes:

OK, how about this:
To those people who insist they're right and helmets are a good thing - I promise I will always wear a helmet when I ride my bike.
To those people who insist they're right and helmets are a bad thing - I promise I'll never put a helmet on my head again, ever.

For anyone who thinks I've just contradicted myself I say this - the side that knows they're right (and boy do they know they're right!) knows that their argument is best and so I must be lying to the other group, simples ^_^

How about taking the rational approach, reading the evidence that the two sides have put in front of you and making up your own mind on what to do?

Gary E

Veteran
How about taking the rational approach, reading the evidence that the two sides have put in front of you and making up your own mind on what to do?
Isn't that what I've already said? I, and most of the members on here, will make up their own minds. Just because they come up with a different conclusion to me doesn't worry me in the slightest. My soul does not need saving, move along now please!

pubrunner

Legendary Member
If he's going to dish it out then he can stand to take it...

Look Reg, you specifically stated that . . .

But what would I know? After all, I only have access to the NHS information and data on this...

You may have had access to it, but you obviously didn't read it !

I then provided you with the appropriate links - from the NHS no less . . . which show you to be incorrect - 'cos I did read it.

The information that I provided, is from the NHS - these are not stats that I've plucked from the air.

I'm not dishing out anything other than facts; and yes, I can 'take it' - 'cos there's not been anything for me to take - 'cos in this (rare :smile: ) instance, I am correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom