Helmets and falling off....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lee1980sim

Just ordered a new one for me a Giro Savant, the old one died >sad face< I wear one through choice not because people say I have to, fallen off my bike whilst wearing helmets and without... I'm still here alive and well, I've had more head injuries around the home or when not on a bike including rolling a car into a field and the sunroof smashing on my head so maybe I should wear one all the time going by the ops statement

Last edited:
YEH See, changed his helmet, isuppose you'll say he did'nt like the colour:banghead:

.... or as is good practice the helmet was changed after any impact?

As Kask themselves point out:

Never wear a helmet that has been in an accident, even if no damage is visible.

OF course having a limitless supply of free equipment and a car to follow you round with the spare helmet is probably not something the rest of us have when commuting....

screenman

Legendary Member
We had friends over last Friday, and whilst having a really great time I burned my elbow on the oven. Got a blister.

I would implore everyone not to wear short sleeves when near someone who is cooking.

Why did you put your elbow near enough to get burnt? Did you get knocked into it by somebody who could not get around the kitchen without crashing into you.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
The only problem I have with helmets is mozzies get caught under them and feast on your forehead :gun:

OP
OP
Hutch118

Hutch118

I never realised this would cause a debate like this with all the smart comments, and no I never realised this had been debated to death as someone pointed out, this is the beginners forum after all..
I'm glad it did its job today, I know for a fact that looking at the impact on the helmet, if I hadn't been wearing it, I'd have been in an ambulance.

I've been on the wrong end of a couple of severe knocks. They have always resulted in an unavoidable face plant (can't get the feet out of the pedals / hands out of the drops etc) quickly enough. It's only after the fact you get to thinking.:thumbsup:

Tin Pot

Guru
Why did you put your elbow near enough to get burnt? Did you get knocked into it by somebody who could not get around the kitchen without crashing into you.

It may have been a left-turning wine drinker, reaching for the cork screw.

Scum.

Hyslop

Veteran
I hit my head once. Walked thro a door. Wouldn't have cracked my head if I had not been wearing one. Also once cracked my head on the road when I wasn't wearing mine, I'm fine. Also hit my head on the road when I was wearing one. Knocked out and 6 months concussion /dizzy spells.

You never can tell.
Is the 6 months over?:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom