Helmets; The Paramedics View

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedRider

Pulling through
Hi Ella

I suggest you read the peer reviewed evidence at www.cyclehelmets.org before you make any more posts about cycle helmets on your blog or Twitter...
I was the first 'Anonymous' replier to link this on Ella's blog post and invited anyone who wanted their pro-compulsion views challenged to have a look. She said she'd already looked at the website but disagreed with it.

broadway

Veteran
I was the first 'Anonymous' replier to link this on Ella's blog post and invited anyone who wanted their pro-compulsion views challenged to have a look. She said she'd already looked at the website but disagreed with it.

Actually she said:

"FYI, I have read this ill researched propaganda. If it had anything of substance, no one would wear them, no where would sell them. The fact is, helmets do save some lives, they do prevent various injuries and that's enough for me to make them compulsory! "

RedRider

Pulling through
Actually she said:

"FYI, I have read this ill researched propaganda. If it had anything of substance, no one would wear them, no where would sell them. The fact is, helmets do save some lives, they do prevent various injuries and that's enough for me to make them compulsory! "
No, that's not how she responsed to my reply.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
It's what you get when you put numbers of a certain type of man together, unfortunately.
So she (of course it's likely to be an alias so it could be a man) wasn't able to think for herself when she decided to write her blog, she's as much a victim here as the cyclists she vilifies?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
So she (of course it's likely to be an alias so it could be a man) wasn't able to think for herself when she decided to write her blog, she's as much a victim here as the cyclists she vilifies?
Whoa whoa whoa! I think we are getting sidetracked here. This is nothing to do with sex, sexism, mob mentality or in-trade jokes. This person has written her blog sharing their opinions for some time. He/she clearly thought they were feeding the audience what they wanted to hear ('Look at my hit count, this is public opinion'). He/she was enjoying the ride without for a moment stepping back to think about the consequences of what she was writing. There is only one person responsible for that.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Whoa whoa whoa! I think we are getting sidetracked here. This is nothing to do with sex, sexism, mob mentality or in-trade jokes. This person has written her blog sharing their opinions for some time. He/she clearly thought they were feeding the audience what they wanted to hear ('Look at my hit count, this is public opinion'). He/she was enjoying the ride without for a moment stepping back to think about the consequences of what she was writing. There is only one person responsible for that.
Perhaps you should direct this at the person that rocked up after 16 pages of a thread to suggest it was a mans fault, actually let me correct that, not a mans fault, mens fault :thumbsup:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
What happens when you put numbers of a certain type of woman together?
Helloooooo [/Leslie Phillips]

(Edited for speeling)

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
You are getting confused between two separate issues about two separate blogs.
No I'm not sure I am, the post I'm referring to started with the suggestion that homophobic, sexist, laddish banter were the norm in the army and emergency service work places, this was in reference to the tweets by ambojan999. The post then however goes on to suggest that women feel obliged to join in with the banter. As this was posted 16 pages into a thread concerning a paramedic who we have assumed to be female I think it is quite clear the post was referring to both ambojan999 and Ella. The intimation being that Ella felt obliged to write her blog because she worked with a bunch of mysoginistic, homophobic men.

Sods_Laur

No I'm not sure I am, the post I'm referring to started with the suggestion that homophobic, sexist, laddish banter were the norm in the army and emergency service work places, this was in reference to the tweets by ambojan999. The post then however goes on to suggest that women feel obliged to join in with the banter. As this was posted 16 pages into a thread concerning a paramedic who we have assumed to be female I think it is quite clear the post was referring to both ambojan999 and Ella. The intimation being that Ella felt obliged to write her blog because she worked with a bunch of mysoginistic, homophobic men.
You're really trying your hardest to derail this thread aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom