Help from London Peoples please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Is there a child friendly (18 months, 4 y/o, 5 y/o 9 y/o) place to eat dinner near South Kensington Tube that will not make me faint at the price tag? Around 5ish on a Thursday ??? We be visting the Natural History Museum and have to be departing Waterloo just after 7pm. Children by then will be tired, narky, playing up and Mama's will be tired & stressed and wondering why the hell they thought it would be a good idea so alcohol would be nice for them too but not essential... A vile chain pizza hut-esque would suffice only because said children would think they had died and gone to heaven to be allowed in there! Or alternativley one near Waterloo Train Station?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Is there a child friendly (18 months, 4 y/o, 5 y/o 9 y/o) place to eat dinner near South Kensington Tube that will not make me faint at the price tag? Around 5ish on a Thursday ??? We be visting the Natural History Museum and have to be departing Waterloo just after 7pm. Children by then will be tired, narky, playing up and Mama's will be tired & stressed and wondering why the hell they thought it would be a good idea so alcohol would be nice for them too but not essential... A vile chain pizza hut-esque would suffice only because said children would think they had died and gone to heaven to be allowed in there! Or alternativley one near Waterloo Train Station?

I'm sure that there's a nearby McDonalds.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
No. Just someone who wants her children to eat decent quality food. McDonalds doesn't meet that basic standard.

Yes but the antibodies gleaned from it can be of benefit in the long run!! :whistle:

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Try googliing for pizza and South Kensington. It will pick out quite a few for you and you can look at their reviews.

I shall give that another go, it is all the googling on maps and being from rural bumpkin area it is a bit eek on the getting lost and working out where things are in relation to where I need to be... as my sense of direction is rubbish (My mother once had me securicor-ed across London as a package :laugh::blush:)

I would head to Waterloo and eat near there instead. You are at the station so no panic getting there to catch train and much wider (cheaper) restaurants in Waterloo either in or close to the station. The Cut had some great restaurants.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
No, no, the antibodies from McDonalds will probably prevent you all from coming down with some deadly virus that kills billions. That poncey Pizza you get wont do anything.
I usually end up at somewhere like Yo Sushi in Waterloo, but that won't be very kid friendly, I'm sure, especially with all those chop sticks to poke in each other's eyes.

Nope, McDonalds is looking better and better by the second!! :laugh:

Last edited:

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
Last edited:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
There's a pie and mash along the cut failing that get over to Gabrials wharf on the Southbank (along the river) you'll have a choice, from sandwhiches to pizza.

Some of the little eateries down the loop onto Waterloo road outside Waterloo station are very nice. There are pubs there as well.

Top Bottom