Help from London Peoples please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Is there a child friendly (18 months, 4 y/o, 5 y/o 9 y/o) place to eat dinner near South Kensington Tube that will not make me faint at the price tag? Around 5ish on a Thursday ??? We be visting the Natural History Museum and have to be departing Waterloo just after 7pm. Children by then will be tired, narky, playing up and Mama's will be tired & stressed and wondering why the hell they thought it would be a good idea so alcohol would be nice for them too but not essential... A vile chain pizza hut-esque would suffice only because said children would think they had died and gone to heaven to be allowed in there! Or alternativley one near Waterloo Train Station?

Waterloo RAILWAY station food:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/london-waterloo-station/shops/#food

And a Pizza Express not far away:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5046078,-0.112627,17z

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

I'd walk past them all to get a decent pizza.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Here you go @Puddles Pierino Pizza is a stones throw away from the museum. It has a decent rating. Pizza Roma is a take away so don't get excited about it.
Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 15.39.07.png

OP
OP
Puddles

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Here you go @Puddles Pierino Pizza is a stones throw away from the museum. It has a decent rating. Pizza Roma is a take away so don't get excited about it.
View attachment 84500

Eating near Waterloo seems to be the better, less stressy option it seems then
Or perhaps near the museum... at least if there are options the number of tps (tantrums per second) can be guaged and we can decide from there...

perplexed

Guru
Cor blimey guv'nor, I fink you're all proper toffs an' no mistake. (Pauses to sniff and wipe nose on tatty jacket sleeve). Us poor cockernies live on jellied eels, so why dun't yer try 'em, then you'll be aufentic! We can only dream of pizza...

Sorry. I'll stop sniffing the superdrug shower gell now.

Dan B

Disengaged member
We go to Pizza Express fairly regularly with 3y.o. and 10m.o., would describe them as child-friendly. Better food than the Hut-type places too

Broadside

Guru
Eating near Waterloo seems to be the better, less stressy option it seems then

I'd go with that option, less fretting if the food is late then you know you are only 5 mins from the platform. I would echo the South Bank options, there is a nice Giraffe restaurant, also Strada and Pizza Express is just off the South Bank on Belvedere Road just before it turns in to Upper Ground.

It can get busy though, we have been turned away from all the child friendly restaurants along there in the past due to them being full. That is when the Golden Arches can come in handy as a get out of jail option...

Yes and no. For sure get to Waterloo as you'll not need buffer time to make the train. BUT as great as the southbank places are for kids there can be 30 minute wait for a table. The Cut or near Waterloo are your best options.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff
I'd go with that option, less fretting if the food is late then you know you are only 5 mins from the platform. I would echo the South Bank options, there is a nice Giraffe restaurant*, also Strada and Pizza Express is just off the South Bank on Belvedere Road just before it turns in to Upper Ground.

It can get busy though, we have been turned away from all the child friendly restaurants along there in the past due to them being full. That is when the Golden Arches can come in handy as a get out of jail option...
*this
book ahead.

Top Bottom