HELP!! Here come the God Botherers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rebel Ian

Follow them down the road and insist they listen for an hour to the various pros and cons of Shimano versus Campag bicycle components. If they expect you to listen to their beliefs I don't see why they shouldn't be prepared to do the same!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Rebel Ian said:
Follow them down the road and insist they listen for an hour to the various pros and cons of Shimano versus Campag bicycle components. If they expect you to listen to their beliefs I don't see why they shouldn't be prepared to do the same!!!

LOL - you'd be arrested for attempted murder ! :tongue:

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
swee said:
+ 1. I've lived next door but one to 2 JWs for over 12 years. They're great neighbours. Jack gives me the Watchtower and whatever the other one is called every month. I don't read them (and I think he knows it) but can't see the harm in taking them.

Door knocking JWs just get the 'Same Sex Couple' introduction and they usually beat their way back down the drive smartish, particularly the ladies. :tongue:

Hont

Guru
I've heard that the simple phrase "I am a catholic" usually sends them running. That's hearsay, though, I've never had the need to try it and I'm not a catholic either.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hont said:
I've heard that the simple phrase "I am a catholic" usually sends them running. That's hearsay, though, I've never had the need to try it and I'm not a catholic either.
I don't think that would work - I once told a JW on my doorstep that I was Jewish (which I'm not) and he said that was very interesting - could he come in and compare beliefs with me! :hello:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Rebel Ian said:

Reminds me of the classic Calum Gilhooley sketch on 'Absolutely' when he invites them in and starts talking to them about his motorbike... :hello:

montage

God Almighty
Nothing good about JW.
Join the cult, do the whole "material is worthless" thing, so they persuade you to sign it all over to them in your will. They also urge people not to go to hospitals and bla bla bla.

I love it when they come knocking - at first I just say no thanks, but if they press it, like they will then I start getting the verbal headshots in

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Like most groups, they vary enormously. I have as much time for religious zealots and evangelists as I do for self-righteous idealogues of any description, but while some are twisted little geeks, others (in my experience at least) are genuinely warm and generous people who, however misguidedly in my view, want to help others. I still have fond memories of Mrs Robinson who sold my mum Awake and Watchtower and prayed for me to pass my exams. Lovely lady - not a malicious bone in her body ('Praise the Lord!'). Glad she never discovered what my little sister used to do to those mags once they got in the house...

iLB

Hello there
fair enough RT, but i think you could equally say that people who are vehemently opposed to the idea of religion or God are also in a brainwashed state of mind.

Top Bottom