HELP!! Here come the God Botherers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fattman

Rebel Ian said:
Follow them down the road and insist they listen for an hour to the various pros and cons of Shimano versus Campag bicycle components. If they expect you to listen to their beliefs I don't see why they shouldn't be prepared to do the same!!!

I actually did the 'OL' bit of the LOL - my co-workers asked me what about! (I explained at some length, they won't be asking me again)

Brains

Legendary Member
Many years ago a colleague of mine was doorstepped by a couple of Mormons.
He made the first mistake of talking to them, and eventually they only way to get rid of them was to accept a "free" copy of the Book of Mormon.
Like one of those magazine subscriptions you only have to pay if you keep it, they came knocking a week or two later and would not accept the book back.

Now a decade on, he, according to the Mormons, if a fully paid up member of the faith, which on the basis that he is hard drinking, swaring, fornicating persion of ill repute means that he is definatly not their type. Mind you he does have two wives (well, an ex and a current) so maybe he qualifies.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
1) Open the door
2) Stare beyond them into the middle distance
3) say "Ah, my children, I received your telepathic messages. You have kept our appointment. It is time to prepare the way. I have made the shepherds pie. Come hither".

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Invite them in and just blow a vuvuzela at them the whole time

Our house is officially on their black list. Mrs AndyLaw was looking out of the living room window a couple of weekends ago and saw them coming up the road. They went to the house next door then came to the end of our drive, pulled out an address book, had a quick look and carried on to the next house.

Don't know how we've managed it, I've never been rude or offensive to them when they've been round in the past, just polite and firm that I'm not interested.

Still good to know we're blacklisted and won't be bothered any time soon. We must be officially going to hell!

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
iLB said:
fair enough RT, but i think you could equally say that people who are vehemently opposed to the idea of religion or God are also in a brainwashed state of mind.

No, you're entirely wrong. That's the default setting. it's up to the god botherers to prove THEY are right. Of course, they're not and so it is, provable, that they are the brainwashed divs. I never mentioned that I was 'vehemently opposed to the idea of religion' but THEY were determined to find bible fodder. They are of course, idiots.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I very politely say "No thanks" and get the door shut, sharpish. It is fatal to let a conversation start. I do, however, have a sneaking admiration. I would find rejection after rejection to be utterly soul destroying. They just keep plugging away. Amazing really.

Top Bottom