HELP!! Here come the God Botherers.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

Oh man, I think that JW's are harmless for the most part.
I can think of much worse people who could knock on my door.

OP
OP
PaulB

PaulB

Legendary Member
User1314 said:
Couple knocked on my door once. They used classic sales techniques.

1. Create need.

2. Creat solution:

3. Close:

Fascinating. My old company sales manager is a Californian whose parents were JWs and insisted he go out with them and spread the word. Well he hated it and isn't into that scene at all but told me it taught him everything needed to be great at sales. Persistence, getting the story succinct, never be offended by 'no' or slammed doors in the face, all that made him the man he is today. And he's VERY successful!

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Flat I lived in when at college had a couple of Mormon missionaries living next door. They never called on any of us in the flats. Don't mess on their own doorstep but went out bothering the rest of the town.
Only way I've found to keep JW's from calling is to have a Blood Doning sticker on the front door window. They seem to keep away like vampires from garlic.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Being agnostic is the way to go, best of both worlds ;):thumbsup:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I engage them on the doorstep in debate if I'm bored with work (I work at home). There's no way they'll convert me, and it keeps them from bothering my neighbours for half an hour or so!

buggi

Bird Saviour
my sister hung out of her upstairs window and said, "sorry, i can't come to the door right now, i'm with a client" :becool: :biggrin: (she then shut the window quick so they couldn't answer)

Tell them you're a satanist - let them speak for half-an-hour, then tell them that you were only joking and that Belzebub already came round earlier in the week and gave you a copy of The Watchtower.

Regularly get the hovis biscuits up at this end of town and they're a pain in the jacksie.

montage

God Almighty
buggi said:
my sister hung out of her upstairs window and said, "sorry, i can't come to the door right now, i'm with a client" :becool: :biggrin: (she then shut the window quick so they couldn't answer)

Imagine how funny that would have been if she wasn't actually with a client!

oh....erm...awkward!

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
My Mum was doorstepped about 12 years ago a few days after my Gran died. My Mum is a polite, quietly-spoken lady. She informed them that her Mum had died and she didn't really want to talk to anyone. One of them started to apologise and made to leave, but his companion spotted his opportunity and got in with: "do you believe your mother is now with God?".

I'm genuinely not entirely sure what happened after this point, but they've never bothered her again. Wish I'd witnessed that...

Crankarm

Guru
Baggy said:
My Mum was doorstepped about 12 years ago a few days after my Gran died. My Mum is a polite, quietly-spoken lady. She informed them that her Mum had died and she didn't really want to talk to anyone. One of them started to apologise and made to leave, but his companion spotted his opportunity and got in with: "do you believe your mother is now with God?".

I'm genuinely not entirely sure what happened after this point, but they've never bothered her again. Wish I'd witnessed that...

Perhaps her response was "Yes, I sincerely do .............. and if you two don't feck off sharpish you will be too! :biggrin:!"

:becool:

Top Bottom