Help me decide, or just be abusive instead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

D_97_goodtimes

Here goes …

I’ve had the same stock seat on my Cube roadie for 5 years or so and it needs refreshed.
I’ve narrowed it down (through reviews and what looks nice) to a Charge Spoon or a Brooks Cambium C17. Both look nice, one is £30 and one is £80.
Anyway, anybody used both, have a similar bum to mine, and want to offer an opinion?

Of course, posters waxing lyrical about how pointless a post like this is also welcome, you need something to fill your evenings😃
It’s a damp day so here is my tuppence worth. I have both the charge spoon and the brooks - good everyday saddles. On a hot and sweaty day the spoon becomes hot and sweaty. The brooks is for old men on steel framed tourers.

Stretch the budget and go the Fizik route - Snake, Bull or Chameleon?

OP
OP
C

CentralCommuter

Update.

Here is a picture of my current seat, and my current ass. If I knew it was going to be comfortable, I wouldn’t mind spending the extra on a Fizik, but it’s not really practical to try before you buy.

Attachments

• 4284FFC5-DB4D-46FA-B750-24DA446F6DFD.jpeg
    4284FFC5-DB4D-46FA-B750-24DA446F6DFD.jpeg
    122.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 0294F89E-FCA3-48AF-B602-09A750E3693B.jpeg
    0294F89E-FCA3-48AF-B602-09A750E3693B.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 9

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I used to really like the original Fizik Ariones. Three problems though...
  1. They were a bit expensive by my standards (£60+)
  2. I broke 2 of them. Their 'Wingflex technology' was a bit TOO flexy. Lots of other people had the same problem.
  3. They changed the design. The nice curved top got replaced with a horrible flat slab. WHY!!! :wacko:

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
I had that cube saddle and took it off straight away for my charge spoon, much comfier and been riding it for years, still comfy on 50 miles plus rides
Cube saddle is now on the commuter bike but just can't get on with it even for 5 miles. Another spoon will be the next purchase for it.

DRM

Guru
Charge Spoon on mine, very comfy, and a fair price to buy

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
People's bums are pretty variable, I think. You just have to go out and sit on something, and then try something else. It's like The Quest For The Holy Grail.

simongt

Guru
I've C.17s on two of my bikes, an audax and a Brommy. I chanced getting the first and have not regretted either for a second; comfort straight out of the box and of course completely weatherproof - ! ^_^

Top Bottom