Help me decide, or just be abusive instead

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
The words Brooks and attractive in one sentence ? Never heard that before.:laugh:
Brooks should be on old bone shakers, and not a Cube. Get the Spoon. They are great saddles.
The Cambium models at least look a bit more like a 'normal' road saddle:okay:
I've had various Spoons and they were all OK on my MTBs.I have a Cambium C17 on my Lynskey and really like it!

mustang1

Guru
No experience of either saddle but the Cambium is beautiful and I looked at getting one a few years ago. IIRC it needs a more care when it's raining.

EDIT: I am incorrect about the Cambium as pointed out by @Baldy - thanks. Leaving original post there.

Last edited:

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm a satisfied Brooks user. I don't find anything else comfortable for more than a few miles. Leather saddles adorn all my frequently ridden bikes and to me are things of beauty with a timeless elegance that plastic saddles just don't have :becool:

Sniper68

It'll be Reyt.
Brooks saddles are made from the skins of dead animals. A bit gross really.
Not the Cambium.
We eat the dead animals anyway so using there skin is showing respect to the animal by wasting as little as possible :okay:

Baldy

Über Member
No experience of either saddle but the Cambium is beautiful and I looked at getting one a few years ago. IIRC it needs a more care when it's raining.
Not the Cambium ones they are made of an extremely hard plastic/synthetic rubber compound, too hard for me. It's the leather ones you have to be careful with.

Top Bottom