help me, ribble cycles...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

im trying to get in touch with ribble about gettin my cracked frame replaced...

can only find there mail order number and when wrang that they said there shop is who i need to ring is closed for a re furb atm :s

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, it would be, it's gone 9 in the evening...

02GF74

Über Member
yeah, email them and write that I still think they are a bunch of thieveing lying bastrards.

Will1985

Über Member
02GF74 - not helpful.

mmm - when did you buy the frame? I'm with punkypossum on this one...it probably won't reopen and the mail order chaps are the guys to talk to. If they fob you off, ask to talk to their manager. Ultimately somebody up the management chain in Ribble Cycles should be responsible for dealing with your query.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

had it easily less tha a year so its still under warrenty...

I am Spartacus

Über Member
This needs huge clarification.
The post is probably not best for this section but thats a minor point.

Ribble are still taking out huge colour double section adverts in Cycling +. so I presume still actively trading?
Unless someone knows different?
Are you telling us that your bike has now a major frame fault that requires probable replacement and you are unable to gain redress with Ribble?
YOu need to persist in contacting Ribble in first instance.
It doesnt matter whether it is their retail or mail order department .. it is the same company??

The frame is cracked NOT due to accidental damage I presume but just to acceptable wear and tear?

Sorry, but as this is a not insignificant supplier of bikes in the UK.. lots of people with Ribble kit.. I personally might have been tempted to purchase at one time...
I think it is now your responsibility to get this matter in the open and kept up to date, as you have aired your grievance on a public forum, otherwise I think this thread should be deleted.

Will1985

Über Member
Spartacus - up until a few months ago Ribble Cycles operated with two arms...one was the shop where it all started, and the other was the mail order business run from a separate site. The shop was closed down (?temporarily) but the mail order side is still going strong and is likely to be the more cost effective side of the business.
The shop closure should really only affect those living locally, but Ribble management wherever they are based should be able to help mmm.

mmm - as IAS says, be persistent. Do you want to elaborate on how the frame cracked?

BSA

They have a small shop at the warehouse where the mailorder is operated from. I went there recently for a fitting before buying my Ribble. I have been very happy with the service so far.

02GF74

Über Member
Will1985 said:
02GF74 - not helpful.

mmm - when did you buy the frame? I'm with punkypossum on this one...it probably won't reopen and the mail order chaps are the guys to talk to. If they fob you off, ask to talk to their manager. Ultimately somebody up the management chain in Ribble Cycles should be responsible for dealing with your query.

ofcourse they werent helpful, the lying shoots.

if you knew how they treated me, then you'd too wold start foaming at the mouth at teh very mention of the name.

avoid them at all costs.

had to threated to take legal action on the thieving sods.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

well i done what you said and we aksed to speak to the managment and they then changed there tune, so pack it of and there guna inspect the crack near the bottom bracket that appeared...also the amunt of paint that flaked from the right hand drp out on the fork, and where the front brake sits in the fork

Top Bottom