Help!!! Training!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sophi_star

Hi all

I am going to be doing a 36 mile bike ride in september for BHF with my fiancee. Neither of us have been on bikes since we were 10 (we are both now 20)

Can anyone provide us with advice for training and do we need to do any other form of "excercise" to ensure we are fit enough?

Thanks in advance

36 miles is comfortably do-able for you after a few months of gently increasing your mileage.

Just make sure you have suitable and well maintained bikes, and that you are equipped with the right clothing for the conditions.

No other kind of exercise is really needed to supplement your riding fitness, as you will gradually cycle to the desired level of fitness in your preparation for your ride.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask ANY question.

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :wacko:

OP
OP
S

sophi_star

We are doing it all for my sister who died just over 18 years ago from a heart condition.

I will be honest and we are not the fittest people in the world, so hoping i will shed a bit of weight with it aswell!

shippers

Have you got bikes? That's a good starting point.
Then you need to get on it and go for a bit of a pootle round. Just do 5 miles or so. Try not to fall off too much.
See how you go, let us all know. As Dayvo said, training up to do 36 miles in 5 or 6 months is not going to be a problem.

OP
OP
S

sophi_star

Steve Austin said:
This is just a cynical ploy to get sponsorship

No its not, I want advice on training.

Even if it was does it really matter because its not like its going in my pocket.

Quite suprised at your hostility if im honest

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Then why have you posted in beginners?

You join a forum and every post of yours so far has included your sponsorship link.

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

bad boy

Über Member
Steve Austin said:
Then why have you posted in beginners?

You join a forum and every post of yours so far has included your sponsorship link.

if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.

Steve mate, chill, I get what your saying but if you feel this way then obviously don't donate or offer advice to the OP, no point causing some genuine hostility to someone.

I'm not having a go fella as the harsh reality is you may be right but then you may not.

Top Bottom