Help with coast to coast cycle - Irvine to Musselburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I took a taxi to Irvine, and sat in the pub.

A quick calculation showed that if I looked at the full price fare home, lost hotel cancellations etc then it would cost me about £150

So went into a local bike shop and bought a Ridgeback, the company that had sold me the Airnimal agreed to pay the costs for the bike to be returned to them and replaced... so off I went and completed the Lochs and Glens (South) along with a quick diversion around the Wicker Man locations of Galloway

OP
OP
D

dianelc

I took a taxi to Irvine, and sat in the pub.

A quick calculation showed that if I looked at the full price fare home, lost hotel cancellations etc then it would cost me about £150

So went into a local bike shop and bought a Ridgeback, the company that had sold me the Airnimal agreed to pay the costs for the bike to be returned to them and replaced... so off I went and completed the Lochs and Glens (South) along with a quick diversion around the Wicker Man locations of Galloway
That will be the same guy that sold me my ridgeback lol

OP
OP
D

dianelc

We arrived at the Falkirk wheel at 17:30 after a puncture in Paisley that was kindly repaired by a far more experienced and prepared cyclist. We were very appreciative.

Nathan is taking it in his stride.

I was fine but waited so long now my thighs are starting to ache. Time for a bath and we will be raring to go in the morning.
Not sure about set off time. Think we might have a longer lie in and will hopefully be on our way.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
YAY! :wahhey: Well Done Nathan and @dianelc! :bravo: Excellent work :bicycle:!

@flake99please I'm riding out to Linlithgow (or Philipstoun if I'm a bit late setting off :tired: :blush:) to ride with Nathan and dianelc along the canal towpath all the way in to the Leamington Bridge, then up the Gilmore Place, across the Meadows, Innocent R'way path to P'bello, then choose which way to M'burgh - probably down Daiches Brae and along the A199 to Fisherrow.

Timings are obviously Nathan-dependent but I am aiming to be at the Linlithgow Canal Centre by 1100, either to await their arrival or to sprint after them in the direction of Edinburgh !
smileys-cycling-431192.gif

If their start is delayed, the coffee is quite good there, I believe ! :cuppa: Dianelc is keeping me informed of their progress as the day opens ... :sun: (hopefully :thumbsup:)

Attachments

• smileys-cycling-431192.gif
    smileys-cycling-431192.gif
    32.9 KB · Views: 66

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Pat, Pat :headshake: - you've seen my (cycling) phone - it doesn't even have a colour screen ... :thumbsup: ... a CAMERA ?? :rofl: :rofl:
Get Nathan to take pictures from his phone, email them to you, then post them from your computer. :biggrin:
Or get him to sign on his Mum's account and post the pics himself from his phone. ^_^
Or @dianelc could take the pictures herself and post them from her phone. :okay:
Or ... take your new phone ...:whistle:
:laugh: :tongue: :bicycle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Haha @Pat "5mph" has all the answers
@Scoosh well knows that :biggrin:
Have a great day tomorrow, both of you: the first bit after the Wheel is a bit rough, but when you get to Linlithgow it's lovely all the way to Edinburgh.
Can hubby drive you to the Kelpies after the challenge is done, on the way back?
Would be a shame to miss them if you're in the area.

OP
OP
D

dianelc

@Scoosh well knows that :biggrin:
Have a great day tomorrow, both of you: the first bit after the Wheel is a bit rough, but when you get to Linlithgow it's lovely all the way to Edinburgh.
Can hubby drive you to the Kelpies after the challenge is done, on the way back?
Would be a shame to miss them if you're in the area.
Thanks @Pat "5mph" we are staying overnight in Musselburgh to catch up with some friends and hoping Nathan can maybe go to his old school to tell them what he's been up to (they're not off till next week same as Glasgow). Then will see what the times like. The cyclist who fixed Nathan's puncture advised the same so if we don't see them this time we will need to make a trip back.

Top Bottom