Help !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:blush:

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
BJB said:
I have no idea how to help other than to wish you all the best. Seek professional advice? :blush:
get that, albeit infrequently and never seems to be the time i really need it.
and to top it all Amy, (cockatiel) has just shat in my right ear ! Just when you think life can't get worse .............

snorri

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Yup(but No), sadly pished off with life at the mo

Elmer, I can only recommend a quick burst on the bike before it gets dark. physical exertion and fresh air is good for lots of problems.
Go outside and get on that bike NOW!!!!!

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Fab Foodie said:
Know what the trigger is Elmer?
(Honest answer time) and this may make a few of you fall out with me, but what the heck.....
DRINK !

I am officially classed as alcohol dependant, not alcoholic as I can wait for my 1st drink until a reasonable time (say anywhere between 12 'n 2).

Now I've confessed I feel a bit better but feel that amongst all you health freaks I'm in the wrong place.

N.B. I still love me bike tho'

This has been going on for the last 3 or 4 years.

Ask her indoors, she swears I pay more attention to it than her ! (mind the bike was a lot cheaper !!)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Elmer Fudd said:
(Honest answer time) and this may make a few of you fall out with me, but what the heck.....
DRINK !
And why should we fall out with you?
What is the nature of the issue with drink, too much, not enough, can't quit, had too much today, not had enough today, have quit but getting strong cravings, have quit but started again?

snorri

Legendary Member
Elmer Fudd said:
Now I've confessed I feel a bit better but feel that amongst all you health freaks I'm in the wrong place.

I don't think we are among health freaks here Elmer. I suspect there are more than a few of us whose interest in cycling is just one way of helping to curb existing health problems or at least maintain a reasonable standard of health. Other cycling forums may tend towards the extremes of performance, on here we appreciate the pleasures of cycling.:blush:

i had a lovely day in richmond park yesterday (not on the bike as i can't get my head into that at the moment). it was so beautiful i was close to tears at times, the light and colours just shimmering in gold, orange and red. There was a lovely sunset and i walked around and took lots and lots of photos, some of which are pretty good, even if i say so myself.

today i'm back to earth with a thud and i had a feeling it would happen. fending off debt, trying to look for a job - all of which makes me want to hide. there's a walk for members at the WWT in Barnes tomorrow, but i can't face the idea of going out... my mind says i can't afford the bus fare there and back.

i look at the pictures from yesterday and it seems like a lifetime ago.

my doctor said i was quite 'normal' for a psychiatric patient - is that good or bad?

L

OP
OP
Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd

Fab Foodie said:
And why should we fall out with you?
What is the nature of the issue with drink, too much, not enough, can't quit, had too much today, not had enough today, have quit but getting strong cravings, have quit but started again?
As I said, alcohol dependant, I can't imagine a day without it at the mo. Just opened my third can, 1st started at 12 o'clock so I'm not a speed drinker, but basically I am permanently topping myself up. I've moved to a new area so have no 'friends' round here, just acquaintances, so that probably doesn't help, but that is a lame excuse I suppose.
I'm getting some v. good help with the N.E. NHS, (God Bless 'em) who are going to put me on a home de-tox course, I just have to wait. I hope it's soon as I want to make sure I can kick this bad habit (fags will come later !!)

So. That's it. Self pity over !

Erm..... Will be out on bike tomorrow !

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
All the best Elmer. Its a long Journey you're on, but there is a goal in sight and that you can work towards. All the best on your Journey

Top Bottom