Here comes the rain...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
The rain has arrived and I find myself standing outside soaking it up. Never thought I would be looking as forward as I am to rain and cooler temperatures. Anyone else?
Me too but we had planned a 100 in the morning. We will get wet. Moderate wind too :sad:

MarkF

Guru
Started raining here about 2 hours ago. Fantastic. We are desperare for rain. Our large pond is less than half full and the fish are all at the top gasping for air even though we bought a solar powered airator. This rain will be very welcome for the fish and will oxygenate it although to re-fill the pond we will need it to rain non stop for about 2 weeks. No chance of that though.

(Powys)
I nip down to the canal with 2 x 25L containers to replenish our pond and my mothers. I don't want it to rain (and it hasn't yet) and want it to be sunny forever.:okay:

Stephenite

Membå
Need the rain here in Telemark/Norway. We don't need the lightning though. It tends to start forest fires when it's so dry. Our weather usually comes from the direction of the British Isles so save us some rain willya!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
We had a brief, heavy shower about 10 minutes ago.
That was all.
A few light showers during the week, but still very hot and humid.
What has happened to the weather in Scotland??
I have a tomato plant spontaneously growing in the garden, producing fruit.
Normally I don't even get tomatoes if I use a greenhouse!

D

Deleted member 1258

It's not got to Coventry yet, still hot and dry though it clouded over earlier.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
We finally got some rain in this south east corner of Suffolk for the first time since 12th of June (when it was just enough to dampen the roads). Left work at 8pm and it was still very humid and warm, with the seafront packed and an open air concert prior to the weekend carnival. Within 10 minutes it got much darker and you could see the rain front heading over the North Sea to the coastline accompanied by a bit of lightning & thunder.

Within another 10 minutes there was a massive cloudburst witth visibility down to a few yards, strong winds and a fantastic light & sound show. Roads with rivers of water running down them, others completely flooded within minutes. Final six miles home in these conditions was brilliant fun as the rain was so warm. Still drizzling.

Last edited:
Had rain here in the early hours of the morning - woke up at 5 am to use the little girls' room and it was just getting going. Crashing, banging, raining, the full works. Lasted about an hour.

Hot and sticky during the day. Went into Ely at half five, could hear the crackling on the car radio. By the time I got to Tesco, the trees were being wanged around by the wind, and it just started to rain. While I was in Tesco, the storm was directly overhead - made the lights flicker and put the tills and stuff out of action. Was still chucking with rain when I left at half 8, and had a fantastic display of lightning. Parts of Ely were a good foot under water.

Last time I looked (about 10 mins ago) it was still raining.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Still got to water the pots here in Hamtun...
Barely a drop of rain has fallen, despite the forecast.

Top Bottom