Here we go again...they don't pay road tax,they should be made to take a test blah blah blah!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5222189/Dangerous-cycling-crime-say-majority-drivers.html
Drivers also think cyclists should have to pass a test and pay road tax :cursing: :banghead: :tired:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...crime-say-majority-drivers.html#ixzz52jhWCfC2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Sorry if it's been posted before. As i think about why my mileage has been so low this year i think about the f..wits behind the wheel who put me off cycling and how they'll read this and think it's acceptable to be even more of a f..kwit now, as the DM has made it official that cyclists are bad and need punishment!:angry:
Even "power walking" is dangerous if you use the roads. There i was last Thursday walking along,weighing up what that idiot behind the wheel is about to do then acting accordingly. Only for the tool to cut right across my path without indicating to let me know he was turning, or the worst one when the car on my right stopped at the zebra crossing to let me cross,then as i made eye contact with the driver on my left he just drove right across my path while i was half way across the zebra! DM,do you bother about these idiots i ask?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Slick

Guru
Click bait, or they wouldn't give the cyclists the last word.

Roger Geffen, policy director at Cycling UK, said: ‘Cycling UK strongly supports responsible behaviour by all road users and is very concerned about drastic cuts to roads policing in recent years.

‘However, if we want grandparents and grandchildren alike to be able to cycle safely and normally for day-to-day journeys, it makes no sense to impose unnecessary new rules and costs on would-be cyclists, particularly children.

‘The top priority must be to create safe, cycle-friendly streets and junctions, while strengthening the enforcement of our existing traffic rules, rather than adding new ones.’

There's a number who won't hit the link.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Accy, you do live in a town with a high number of drivers who don't think the law applies to them. We have the same problem here in Blackburn, which is one reason why we can't wait to move away.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
As what others said, click bait. Please do not give the Daily Heil the satisfaction of your click.

and remember each time you click you are quite literally giving them money

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yes but it isn't the DM that came up with this crap. They just report it. If the DM stopped reporting stuff like this it wouldn't make the hatred of cyclists go away.

Don't think I agree. The daily mail deliberately create hatred in order to stir up righteous indignation, and hence paper sales, or website hits from their readers. They stir up racial hatred as well for the same reason. And if cyclists are (deliberately) knocked off their bikes and a few "foreigners" beaten up or murdered, well so be it, maybe even something they'd tacitly support. It isn't a Godwin to remind everyone that the Daily Mail supported Hitler before the war.

Top Bottom