Here we go again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It was once again repeated in the Guardian just a few weeks ago that Audi drivers are more likely to have a motoring conviction than any other, BMW drivers a close second, and Mercedes drivers a distant third.

I blame the Transporter films for this phenomenon, they made an Audi saloon with a rorty exhaust the favourite of the shaven-headed yob. Every night I lie awake and hear the hotted up German saloon car races on the distant Blackburn ring road.... neeeeow.... pop pop pop..... neeeeowww.... pop pop pop crackle.... neeeeowwww... pop pop pop....

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I blame the Transporter films for this phenomenon, they made an Audi saloon with a rorty exhaust the favourite of the shaven-headed yob. Every night I lie awake and hear the hotted up German saloon car races on the distant Blackburn ring road.... neeeeow.... pop pop pop..... neeeeowww.... pop pop pop crackle.... neeeeowwww... pop pop pop....
Had this last night as I was turning into my road. A quite new, very noisy, very fast Merc came blasting past me from behind doing 70-80mph in a 30 zone!!!!!! FFS, instant death to anyone that inadvertently got in their way, what are these people thinking? I know I am not wrong about the speed as I spend a lot of time around cars and have been known to drive enthusiastically myself. Another thing I don't understand is, if you are going to drive like a nob and break the law why all the noise and show? You would at least try to be discreet about it and not attract attention to yourself.

Another thing I don't understand is, if you are going to drive like a nob and break the law why all the noise and show? You would at least try to be discreet about it and not attract attention to yourself.
Remember that, say, a Merc E63 has an exhaust specifically designed to be switchable from 'reasonable' to 'full nobber'. Discretion is just not part of the story...
Edit: and it's always on 'full nobber' when you start it up, specifically to impress the neighbours.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'd be willing to bet that those German saloons are disproportionately represented amongst the 10% of cars that are uninsured.

This thread isn't making sense. OP, can you be explicit? Did the police witness it and that's why they're speaking with him. If not, what is going on?
Good luck with getting an answer to that, I suspect this is another of RR's flights of fancy.

The rusty ones were the W210 series. Mine's a 211. This had the fly-by-wire brakes, which are awesomely powerful. Except the pump is a lifed item, at £1800 a pop...
Ouch.
Edit: otherwise going well at 265000 miles.
Edit2: Which means the pump is worth more than the car.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I suspect this is another of RR's flights of fancy.
Who would suggest such a thing? :whistle:
I only experience a fraction of the experiences that you do, honestly my life is so dull you couldn't make it up.

Anyway, it was good of the boys in blue to let roadkill sit in the nice warm coffee shop while they dealt with his nasty abuser....

Top Bottom