Here we go again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hot on the heels of an ‘animated’ discussion with an ‘expert’ in my local on Sunday, where we had a ‘bingo full house’ “you lot need to pay road tax” ( which I countered with the fact it’s an emissions based duty, a G wizz doesn’t pay, so why should I? Which was duly followed by “yeah but you lot don’t pay insurance” ( countered by showing him my BC membership card and pointing out that there are believed to be more drivers driving without insurance, than there are cyclists riding without insurance) then the entirely predictable “if there’s a cycle lane provided, you have to use it” ( countered by my explanation that that isn’t the case, and that there is a 12-14 mph limit on a path, and that I’m often doing more than that up hill, let alone on the flat / downhill), I’ve just had a prat in a Mercedes pull up beside me and start shouting “There’s a f*****g cycle lane over there, F*****g use it you w****r”. :rolleyes:

D05683E2-8FEF-489B-858F-079650CBE0CC.jpeg

It’s not his day today:laugh:

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ooh.... tell us the rozzers pounced on him for abusive language?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hot on the heels of an ‘animated’ discussion with an ‘expert’ in my local on Sunday, where we had a ‘bingo full house’ “you lot need to pay road tax” ( which I countered with the fact it’s an emissions based duty, a G wizz doesn’t pay, so why should I? Which was duly followed by “yeah but you lot don’t pay insurance” ( countered by showing him my BC membership card and pointing out that there are believed to be more drivers driving without insurance, than there are cyclists riding without insurance) then the entirely predictable “if there’s a cycle lane provided, you have to use it” ( countered by my explanation that that isn’t the case, and that there is a 12-14 mph limit on a path, and that I’m often doing more than that up hill, let alone on the flat / downhill), I’ve just had a prat in a Mercedes pull up beside me and start shouting “There’s a f*****g cycle lane over there, F*****g use it you w****r”. :rolleyes:

View attachment 446239

It’s not his day today:laugh:
Oooh, you do have an eventful, exciting life. I only experience a fraction of the experiences that you do, honestly my life is so dull you couldn't make it up.

screenman

Legendary Member
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then best you with experience.

Drago

Legendary Member
When I was about ten I witnessed a motorcycle cop taking two boys round the back of a pub and wallopping them. I don't suppose they are allowed to do that nowadays.

When I joined in 1991 a little bit used to go on. Hand on heart I never joined in, but the old dinosaur pre pace lot would occasionally have someone fall down the stairs in the back of the police car, mainly kiddie fiddlers and wife beaters. By the mid 90s it had, to my knowledge, stopped entirely.

Are you saying that the bloke giving you grief's car is the one between the two police cars and if so, has the attention from the rozzers got anything to do with the abuse?

Drago

Legendary Member
It was once again repeated in the Guardian just a few weeks ago that Audi drivers are more likely to have a motoring conviction than any other, BMW drivers a close second, and Mercedes drivers a distant third. But there's a very interesting twist to this.

By a strange quirk of statistics, you're more likely to be convicted of drink driving if you drive a...Morris Minor! It would seem that the owners of the few that are left are a right bunch of dipso's.

Top Bottom