Herne Hill Velodrome Sun 9th Oct 11am-1pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Simon will be pleased, did you see how many pictures of Rozz he took ;) and has now tried to delete :rolleyes:

Glad you all had a good time, if any of you want to organise another one this year please go ahead.

I will do another one or two next year probably 29th April or 6th May for the first one then September for the other.
After talking to Rob on Sunday we will do it a bit different next time, first timers and those that are not too confident to have the first hour to themselves. Then the rest to have an hour doing different drills, followed by an hour of races for all that want to (Abs & Becs). So 3 hours in total track time. What do you think?

We could even book the Half moon for food after the event, they had a good menu that looked reasonably priced.

Could those that did not join us at the pub for re-hydration get in touch via PM please I have a small refund for you.

Sounds great!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Can ppl stop with the pervy comment please? I don't think it's appropriate neither did my friend after the last time somebody made one on a different thread, following a previous ride.

Thanks

martint235

Dog on a bike
Someone on Sunday made a diagnosis of what may be wrong with my elbow but I can't remember what they said, anyone remind me? I think banging my head on the track adversely affected my memory. (apologies to Ben again for completely forgetting his name!)

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Someone on Sunday made a diagnosis of what may be wrong with my elbow but I can't remember what they said, anyone remind me? I think banging my head on the track adversely affected my memory. (apologies to Ben again for completely forgetting his name!)

It was Becs who made the diagnosis although I can't remember what she said but I think the conclusion was less shuffling more rest. ;)

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
bursitis? Or something that sounded like that.

Abs, though you kindly offered to tow me for a short while but I could see that the competitiveness could just not be dampened down and watched you tuck in and overtake and tuck in. Superb tactics!!

Hats off to you! Nice to meet you eventually!

Martin, as for what's wrong with you...well apart from the elbow I really can't start- we'd be here all day
whistling.gif

martint235

Dog on a bike
bursitis? Or something that sounded like that.

Abs, though you kindly offered to tow me for a short while but I could see that the competitiveness could just not be dampened down and watched you tuck in and overtake and tuck in. Superb tactics!!

Hats off to you! Nice to meet you eventually!

Martin, as for what's wrong with you...well apart from the elbow I really can't start- we'd be here all day
whistling.gif

And I was just starting to think you were my friend........
sad.gif

martint235

Dog on a bike
Winkers Elbow more like..

You're a very worrying man if you wink with your elbow.....

simgsxr

Don't know why all the pics have disappeared but all the photos from Sunday can still be viewed on the link I posted yesterday :biggrin:

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
And I was just starting to think you were my friend........
sad.gif

this is a sign that you're my friend - I am terribly polite to everyone else and rudely cheeky bordering on offensive with friends..ask Ian!

Have you got yourself to the docs yet about that elbow? It does look inflammed.

martint235

Dog on a bike
this is a sign that you're my friend - I am terribly polite to everyone else and rudely cheeky bordering on offensive with friends..ask Ian!

Have you got yourself to the docs yet about that elbow? It does look inflammed.

No not yet. I'll see how it goes. It's been gradually getting smaller for about 3 weeks and it doesn't hurt as much as it did. Unlike the knee, hip and shoulder (not sure why my shoulder has come out in sympathy, it wasn't hurting till today) on the other side!!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
No not yet. I'll see how it goes. It's been gradually getting smaller for about 3 weeks and it doesn't hurt as much as it did. Unlike the knee, hip and shoulder (not sure why my shoulder has come out in sympathy, it wasn't hurting till today) on the other side!!

hmmm you probably need some proper anti inflammatories - be careful with letting stuff linger on too long- did you fall on that shoulder on Sunday? Might just be the aches coming up now?

Dirk Zodiac

Only 3 more saturdays to go before H/H shuts down for winter,now you have all done the induction the session most suited
is the 1pm basic training,lasts for an hour or so,or redo the novice induction at 12 and stay on the track for the extra hour,see you there?

Top Bottom