Herne Hill Velodrome Sun 9th Oct 11am-1pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks Steve, that was great fun! My first time riding fixed went pretty well (in that me sliding under the inner barrier wasn't witnessed by too many!). I'm definitely up for more of these sessions ( I want a rematch with Abs for starters! :-) Can't wait to see the pictures!

Pub was pretty good too, even if I was driving! :-(

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aye, many thanks again Steve for this.

Gives such a great buzz, love it!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Looks like everyone had a bloody good time.. hope TT is not too bruised.
Will have to think about tagging along for the next session

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Cheers Steve, thanks for organizing another fun day out at the track - plus beers in The Half Moon!

Great to meet up with fellow CC'ers once in a while and have a blast around the historic track.

Watt-O a.k.a Steve

PS. There were a hell of Steves & Daves - must be an age thing!

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Thanks Steve! Great fun day on the track. Most certainly makes a change to pointing out potholes to those people following behind.

On the "juniors" race I had the misfortune of starting at the back of the pack and spent 5 1/2 laps riding flat out slipstreaming each rider before moving past trying desperately to chase down Becs, Remus, Martin and the other chap whose name I forget who had a half lap advantage. Only just managed to catch Becs as she hit the start of the final corner giving me enough time to slow my heart rate before inching past over the line. Great fun and utterly spent resulting in some very slowly pootled cool down laps before the end of the session.

Interesting riding fixed but not something I'd do on the road without a front brake although I can most certainly see the appeal.

Ducked out of the pub visit getting home narrowly after 3. Top day and mighty fine weather as well considering.

Thanks!

Abs

I've got 2 or 3 mates that are interested - I reckon we could get enough people for another session.

redjedi

Über Member
Thanks Steve, another enjoyable session.

Here are a few of my phone pics.

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

11%252520-%2525202.jpg

11%252520-%2525203.jpg

11%252520-%2525204.jpg

11%252520-%2525201.jpg

simgsxr

Good job Steve. Fantastic turn out. A bit damp to start with but dried well with the gusty breeze. Hope all the bumps & bruises heal quickly & look forward to the next one!!
IMGP4932.jpg
">
IMGP4931.jpg
">
">
IMGP4860.jpg
">
IMGP4866.jpg
">
IMGP4900.jpg
">
IMGP4870.jpg
">
IMGP4852.jpg
">
IMGP4841.jpg
">
">
IMGP4869.jpg
">

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut

Ha! Photo finish! I really had almost nothing left and was looking under my arm at Becs just in case I had to kill myself to counter too much acceleration from her. Judging by the look I'm getting I'm sure she was thinking exactly the same thing!

Abs

[/size][/font]

Ha! Photo finish! I really had almost nothing left and was looking under my arm at Becs just in case I had to kill myself to counter too much acceleration from her. Judging by the look I'm getting I'm sure she was thinking exactly the same thing!

Abs

I was thinking a mixture of "damn that b*tch is fast" and "my lungs may actually explode if I don't stop!"

best of 3?
biggrin.gif

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
uote name='simgsxr' timestamp='1318271836' post='1876432']
Good job Steve. Fantastic turn out. A bit damp to start with but dried well with the gusty breeze. Hope all the bumps & bruises heal quickly & look forward to the next one!!
IMGP4869.jpg
">

[/quote]

Love this photos, going to lift it to FB is thats okay with you?

PS, Surely am contender for a Chris Hoy looky likey with legs like mine??
wink.gif

Top Bottom