Herne Hill Velodrome Sun 9th Oct 11am-1pm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
D'oh :blush:

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Excuse me if this question has come up before, Steve (you can not do a word search on a thread can you?), but what happens if it is pissing down on Sunday morning?

Presumably it is cancelled? Only, there's no point turning up in the rain is we aren't allowed on the track.

Cheers,

Watto

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Excuse me if this question has come up before, Steve (you can not do a word search on a thread can you?), but what happens if it is pissing down on Sunday morning?

Presumably it is cancelled? Only, there's no point turning up in the rain is we aren't allowed on the track.

Cheers,

Watto

Wet we ride Pissing down we probably do not, but having said that Iain has booked the whole day so we may have a bit of leeway. Anyway the sun will be shining so will not be a problem.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
grizzle, grizzle, grizzle.

Spent the morning pumping up the Dolan's tyres, wiping off the dust and re-sorting the brake for the test ride up to the track.

Forking hell...didn't even make it all the way down my street - clipping in and me not being a natural fixed gear rider, I found that the front brake with it's lack of purchase was not a good combo.

I need to look at the set up of the brake as there's certainly something not quite right there as it has no bite at all so might as well not be there. I am certainly not a brakeless rider! So a bit of fettling called for and if all else fails I shall have to walk it to the track as I feel like I've got a deathwish on the bike (that's really sad and I hope I feel more comfortable on her soon) ...thankfully I'm not far!

Laie_76A.gif
Lets have some of this soon I hope

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
grizzle, grizzle, grizzle.

Spent the morning pumping up the Dolan's tyres, wiping off the dust and re-sorting the brake for the test ride up to the track.

Forking hell...didn't even make it all the way down my street - clipping in and me not being a natural fixed gear rider, I found that the front brake with it's lack of purchase was not a good combo.

I need to look at the set up of the brake as there's certainly something not quite right there as it has no bite at all so might as well not be there. I am certainly not a brakeless rider! So a bit of fettling called for and if all else fails I shall have to walk it to the track as I feel like I've got a deathwish on the bike (that's really sad and I hope I feel more comfortable on her soon) ...thankfully I'm not far!

Laie_76A.gif
Lets have some of this soon I hope

No brakes required!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I know it's brakeless on the track but it's getting from my house up to the track that I want the brake for.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
I think I've got it - will need to go out and check again a bit later after some grub - bloody weird riding fixed...it's why the bikes just not been ridden..!

Top Bottom