Hershey block uk chocs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Seems to me to be a pointless exercise, how many of the people who can no longer buy decent chocolate are going to suddenly start buying the Hershey pooh?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3519208, member: 259"]Cadbury's is shite as well. It's just (arguably) less shite.[/QUOTE]

To be fair it's considerably less shyte by a large margin. Hershey's is revolting whereas Cadbury's is a perfectly acceptable chocolate bar, albeit inferior to Swiss or certainly Belgian alternatives

400bhp

Guru
[QUOTE 3519554, member: 45"]Kraft own Cadbury.

Hersheys are stopping you being able to buy proper Cadbury chocolate in the States. There are a lot of unhappy chocolate lovers.[/QUOTE]

Forkin ell - by any chance the same peeps who were outraged stuck in that Frenchie airport when it snowed a bit in winter no doubt.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Goddam yanks.
And just when we were getting HP sauce over here, too. We actually have good chocolate over here, you just have to know where to get it. I go to a little tourist trap/ gift/kitchen store/ deli where they have a fellow who makes candy as well. Or I go to Aldi and get the Belgian or Swiss chocolate.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 3519199, member: 45"]So they've taken away your choice. You can't buy proper Cadbury chocolate in America.[/QUOTE]
That's certainly one interpretation.

For me, it's a reasonably simple matter of a company protecting it's IP rights - further uncomplicated by those rights having been willingly sold by the original owners. It's also freighted with a good deal of unpleasant jingoism in the commentary I've seen on it.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
For me, it's a reasonably simple matter of a company protecting it's IP rights

Not sure that they count as IP rights, more market share. And you can understand a certain amount of confusion arising if one brand with two quite different recipes are for sale.

Personally I don't like Cadbury's and the Terries chocolate I used to like is no more, having been taken off the market by the cheese makers. Why Kraft think they can make chocolate is beyond me. Perhaps Kraft and Hershey should get together.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 3520137, member: 45"]It would be reasonably simple if it was the same product that Hersheys have blocked. As it is, my Brummie mate in Florida has to rely on his mom paying silly shipping prices to get him his fix of DM.[/QUOTE]

It is simple. Unless the argument is that the rights Hersheys paid Cadbury for do not apply in cases where consumers prefer a competing product with the same branding, from sales of which Hersheys make no money? In that case, I'm happy to agree to disagree with you.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Not sure that they count as IP rights, more market share. And you can understand a certain amount of confusion arising if one brand with two quite different recipes are for sale.

Personally I don't like Cadbury's and the Terries chocolate I used to like is no more, having been taken off the market by the cheese makers. Why Kraft think they can make chocolate is beyond me. Perhaps Kraft and Hershey should get together.
Why Kraft thinks they can make cheese is beyond me.

Top Bottom